Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day #1,252 - Final Night


Yesterday the communications company rep assured us there would be someone at the Penny Palace promptly at 8 a.m. to begin pulling the underground wire to our house.  By 9:30 no one arrived, so I made a call.  I was told a technician would arrive shortly for the internet and TV service line.  Then between 1-5 someone else would come out for the phone line hook-up.

Cable Mike
At 10:30 a.m. Mike arrived to establish our new services.  He could not do that because we did not have wire to the house yet.  No kidding!  Didn’t we go through all this yesterday?  Mike checked records.  We are scheduled for underground laying in two weeks.  No!  He could not do anything today until we had the newer lines laid.  The current lines were placed in the 1980s when the development was first established.

Cabinet John
Cabinet John dropped by unexpectedly with the repaired kitchen drawer.  He thought it would be nice to have the drawer in place for tomorrow's House Blessing.  That was thoughtful.





Doc Grading Quizzes
Doc left the Penny Palace late morning to go teach his classes.  He found a nickel at his Jack's lunch stop.

At 1 p.m. a new communications crew arrived.  They confirmed that they will need to trench new lines in the equestrian area which will take a City permit, which will take 4-5 business days.  Since the City is closed on Friday, that means the end of next week to get the OK to work!  Which in turn means we will be going 10-14 days without phone, internet or TV service at the Penny Palace.  That will be rough to generate Penny Tales.  I can write the Tales, just unable to post them.

Writing First Penny Tale from PP
This afternoon I stained some shelving pieces and did more cleaning for tomorrow's Blessing Ceremony.  Got to at least move the ladders and drop cloths out of the way.

At 4 p.m. I shut down the PP to run some errands.  Doc wanted cash, so I stopped at an ATM.  Needed to find today's coin(s), so I wandered into the nearby grocery store for bananas and three pennies.



Penny Trunk
I had a 'nudging' to stop at the shoe repair and check on the status of the Penny Trunk.  My logical brain said, "The guy is supposed to call when it is ready.  Don't be a pest!"  The nudging got stronger.  I argued louder.  It persisted, so I stopped at the shoe repair.  The chest was right by the front door and the cobbler said he finished the job this morning and was about to call me!  As I was loading the chest into Pippy, there was a shiny penny under my foot.

Much packing to do tonight.  Been packing for hours in my office and almost have my desk cleaned off.






Total:    5  Coins        P (4), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.09

1 comment:

Jeff Michaels said...

Congratulations on your first night in the Penny Palace! We can't wait to see it!
Jeff M.