Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day #1,241 - Bland Day


Today was a quiet and Bland Day which was OK by me after yesterday’s turbulence.

This morning Doc wanted to go out for breakfast and a planning session. There was a penny in the parking lot as I stepped out of the van.  (Coins #1)  Great!  My Penny Finding was done for today.

We packed a load of small stuff and headed for the Penny Palace.  Spent 1.5 hours there moving things around, cleaning, and unpacking.  Sparky and Dundee practiced going in and out of the doggie door.  Neighbor Craig said yesterday a couple was walking past the house and spent quite a bit of time investigating the mailbox.  It’s great that people find it interesting.

This afternoon I logged in and totaled all the construction receipts for April.  Doc spent an hour placing the order for phone and internet service.

As we were getting ready to head to the grocery stores, our neighbor Jesse waved.  He had seen the moving truck yesterday and wondered what was happening.  He had never been inside our current house, so Doc and I invited Jesse and his wife to come in and look around.  Total chaos of course, but they seemed to enjoy the stories associated with the various aspects of the house and to see the room additions.

This evening Doc and I went grocery shopping at our usual three stores.  There was a dime and three pennies at the first store, a penny in the produce section of the second store, and at the third store (where we almost always find coins), I didn’t spot any coins.  So I sent a message to the Penny Angels, “For fun, I want to say I do not plan to leave this store until I get at least one coin!”  Within seconds I had a penny.  Then Doc found a penny just outside the door (where we had already looked on our way into the store).  (Coins #2-8)

It’s fun when the Penny Angels play with us.


Total:    8  Coins        P (7), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.17

No comments: