Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day #621 - Seeing Clearly

Our first appointment this morning was at the optometrist for our annual check ups. We both were tested and new prescriptions were written, but no time to order glasses today -- we had a condo to finish. Will need to go back soon so that we can See More Clearly.

At the condo we hung doors, washed windows, scrubbed counters, washed floors and more. In these past few weeks we kept passing a certain restaurant where Doc wanted to eat. Each time he asked I told him. “That is your reward when we finally finish the condo work.” Our goal was to finish yesterday, then by noon today, then 1 PM, then 2 PM … We finally walked out at 2:20.

At 2:30 we arrived at the restaurant for our celebration lunch. The restaurant was open 11-2 for lunch and then at 5 PM for dinner. Major disappointment. We had lunch instead at a coffee shop. Not quite the same.

By then it was 3:40 PM. We had our monthly physical therapy sessions scheduled from 4-9 PM and I knew I would not want to go out Penny Hunting after that. So Doc suggested a quick stop at the grocery store. It was 3:50 PM As we approached the store I said, “Penny Angels, I need help here. I’m just going to run inside and hope for a coin.” There were long lines, but no coins to be found! When I emerged and was walking to the van I said, “Look here Penny Angles. Do you or do you not want a Penny Tale today? You have just a few more seconds to deliver before I hop in that van and then I am done Penny Finding today.” I walked around the car which was between me and the van. Today’s penny was brightly lit. Thank you Penny Angels for helping me to See Clearly.

Total: 1 Penny

No comments: