Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 10, 2010

Day #630 - Funeral Focus

My brother and sister-in-law live three houses away. Her father passed away and today was the funeral. So the morning was spent getting ready for the family gathering. Services were held this afternoon, and then this evening was a dinner at my brother’s house. Focus on the Funeral.

By the time guests left, the food was put away and the chairs folded up, it was already 9:30 PM. I got home and realized there was no Penny Find today.

***************

Doc and I went out Penny Hunting and for a few groceries. There were no coins at the first grocery store. Then I found a dime at the check out of the second grocery store. (Coin #2)

I had forgotten that Doc and Sparky got a penny at McDonalds when they went for breakfast this morning. (Coin #1) It’s great that Doc finds coins, but I need to find my own.

***************

It had been a long, long time since we stopped to say Hello to Tony at the 7-11 store. So tonight we just dropped in to say hello and leave a smile. There was a penny under the counter (Coin #3). I kneeled down to get it (while still dressed in my nicer clothes from the funeral). I showed Tony the coin. The customer who was paying at the register, wondered what I was doing. Doc signaled that he found a coin so I went to investigate his dime found under a trashcan. (Coin #4). I returned to say goodbye to Tony. I found another penny under the counter. (Coin #5).

Tony must have explained the story to the customer because I was handed 18 Pennies! (Gifted Coins). As the customer walked out of the store Tony said, “The guy said he hated pennies, so I told him to give them to you!” So there were 21 coins collected by just stopping to give a smile to someone. Unexpected rewards. Penny Fever is contagious.

Total: 5 Coins P (3), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.23

+ 18 Gifted Pennies

No comments: