Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day #643 - Held Up

Today was the first day of classes. Doc had several hours of lecture. I was concerned that I would experience withdrawal symptoms. (I am very passionate about the classes I teach and the events I coordinate). However, the desire to build this house supercedes the desire to be working with the students right now.

***************

Doc found two pennies at McDonalds when getting breakfast on the way to school. (Doc #1&2)

***************

I spent the morning at home with various calls and chores. Had hoped to be out of the house by 10 AM, but finally made it at noon. Told the Penny Angels they needed to put coins in my path please because I didn’t want to go off looking.

Found one penny when I stopped for the bank. (Tina #1)

The second penny was found when I stopped at the 99¢ store. I was actually ‘nudged’ to walk through the drive through window at the fast food burger next door. There was nothing at the window area. I checked the outdoor dining tables. Still nothing. So I said, “Penny Angels I can feel that there is a coin here and you ‘nudged’ me to come over here. So show me the coin”. I looked down to see a shiny penny about 3” from my shoe! (Coin #2).

The third penny was found at the Office Supply place. (Coin #3)

***************

I met my mom at 2 PM to drive her out to San Bernardino for her dental appointment. It was good to “plug another hole in her mouth”. Should make eating much easier now.

On the way home she wanted to purchase a lottery ticket. So we stopped at 7-11. I found two pennies under the counter (Coins #4&5). A customer paying for their item received 1¢ in change. Tony, the cashier pointed his finger at the customer and said, “Give that lady your Penny!” The customer did! I didn’t know what to do, so I gave a Penny Card and a brief explanation. The next customer received 2 pennies with his change and was talking on his cell phone. Tony again pointed his finger at the customer and said, “Give the Lady Your Pennies!” Yikes! I hope that wasn’t on a surveillance camera! The customer didn’t understand, so Tony repeated the order two more times. The customer finally complied.

I can just imagine these two customers going home and saying, “I was Held Up at the 7-11 tonight!”

Those three pennies are definitely not legitimate finds, but they did make everyone laugh.

Legal disclosure: PennyFinders does not advocate Hold Up Acquisitions!

Total: 7 Coins Found P (7), N (0), D (0), Q (0) = $0.07 + 3 Coins “Contributed”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vending Machines + Students - Tina = TRE