Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day #650 - Rainbow

This morning I asked the Penny Angels if they would like to do something special for Day #650. On Day #50 when I asked that same question, I found a loose diamond in a parking lot and thereby dubbed it “Diamond Day”.

***************

This morning I worked on various calls and things for the new house. By 3 PM it was time to get out for a little while. I stopped to pick up a gift I had ordered for a friend. It started out as somewhat of a ‘gag’ gift, but it turned out so beautiful, I was amazed! Nice.

Next I stopped to investigate a business which had caught my eye for the past year. Turns out they are only open for tours on Tues and Thurs from 3:30 - 5:30. I arrived at 3:28 today, not knowing their schedule when I stopped. Coincidence? Maybe. I had a great 20-minute tour and most likely will use their services

***************

The next stop was for floor coverings. I was ‘nudged’ to check out a certain store. I browsed through some of the displays and was looking at the vinyl sheet goods. A sales associate, Ruben, came over to assist me. I had not found a penny there, yet felt ‘nudged’ to tell him about Penny Tales and “Tina’s Ark”. It was weird. I kept telling him more and wouldn’t shut up. I surprised myself!

I found a style of vinyl I liked, but was disappointed that it didn’t come in

a lighter color. So I looked in another line of product. Guess what? One sample piece stood out from the others in this new book. Yup, it was a lighter shade of the other pattern - filed back in the wrong book. Coincidence?

Ruben left the room for a moment and brought Bruce over to me saying, “I have to leave for an appointment, but Bruce deserves to hear your story - tell him too!” I was silently thinking, “You have got to be kidding! I figured he was anxious for me to shut up!”

I told Bruce about Penny Finding and Tina’s Ark. Then we talked about Scientists who Believe and all sorts of things. We had a great time. I wonder if Noah had a budget to worry about. Right now my budget allows for about half the house to “get floored” the way I’d like it to.

***************

As I was leaving the flooring store, I said out loud, “Hi Penny Angels, could you send a penny which I could share with Bruce and Ruben as confirmation of this story?” Within 5 minutes as I hopped out of my truck at the next stop, there was a penny. I called back to the flooring store to share that story. (Coin #1)

I had actually made that quick stop strictly to use the restroom, but then decided one penny was not enough for today. So I went into the Michael’s craft store asking the Angels for one more penny in order to get 2¢ worth for today. I found the penny at the register. “Thank you Penny Angels”.

Then, just before I reached the exit door, I found a nickel! My first thought was, “You just ruined my 2¢ story by adding that additional coin. You didn’t need to do that!”

***************

I walked out to my truck (Pippy) and looked up to see a magnificent rainbow! Those are not real common in the LA area and remember a few days ago? The weather was well over 100 degrees with less than 10% humidity. What are the chances of a rainbow today?

As I was driving home I mentally ’connected the dots’: three coins totaling 7 cents (both spiritual numbers), Tina’s ark, a HUGE bright rainbow …. Wow

***************

Here’s another Coincidence …This morning I got one quote on stucco work for the new house, but said I wanted a second one. Just now I was typing today’s first draft of the Penny Tale and the doorbell rang. I thought it was a neighbor, so I opened the door. It was a salesman for replacement windows. (It is obvious that we have the old, aluminum drafty windows which barely function). I told him I was not interested in new windows. He replied, “Well then what about stucco coating?” Huh? Another coincidence?

There are a few more really neat ‘coincidences’ today, but that is enough writing!

Total: 3 Coins P 2), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.07 + one rainbow of infinite value

No comments: