Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day #638 - Saturday Chores

This morning son Brian and his Fiancee Celeste came to our house for our monthly work session on the 1938 Chevy. While the guys mounted an overflow tank for the radiator, Celeste and I worked on the waterfall stream bed. It’s good to do some manual labor to balance the paper pushing and computer work.

***************

Doc and Sparky began their day with breakfast and a nickel from McDonalds. (Coin #1).

Celeste and I moved rocks and drained the pond. While the pond was drying, we drove to an auto parts store to buy a light bulb for the burned out brake light on the van. I figured that was my only time out of the house for the day so I asked the Penny Angels for a coin at that stop. (Also so Celeste would see how Penny Finding works). As I was paying for my merchandise, there was a dime on a bag of Doritos below the counter. (Coin #2).

Meanwhile Doc and Brian went to the hardware store for a needed tool and a dime. (Coin #3).

***************

After Brian and Celeste left, Doc said we needed to go out because how could I write Penny Tales without a Penny today? I objected, and told him that nickels and dimes were perfectly acceptable instead. He insisted.

Doc cruised through the high school parking lot where he finally found a very run over penny. (Coin #4) I told him we were good to go home now. He insisted that I needed to find a penny.

***************

We headed to the bank to deposit a check. I searched for pennies on my way to the door of the bank. Finally spotted one - through the window of the pizza store next to the bank. I walked in, smiled at the customer waiting for his order, bent down at the guy’s feet, and just smiled as I collected the penny. He said, “Lucky Penny?”. I replied, “Sort of. And Day #638 of Penny Tales” I gave him a Penny Card and left. (Coin #5). Mission accomplished.

Doc met me at the bank door and asked, “Were you even looking for coins as you walked over here? How could you have missed these Three?” (Coins #6-8) Then, as we returned to the van, Doc proceeded to show me where he had found each of the pennies along the way. In one instance he had found a penny to the right side of the walkway. At that point I had been looking to my left at the new restaurant which is almost ready to open.

Thought: How often are our goals or answers easily within our reach, yet we do not see them? Sometimes we merely need to turn our heads to find what we are seeking.

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (1), D (2), Q (0) = $0.30

No comments: