Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day #622 - Moving Out

We had been asked by a colleague if he and his wife could live in our cabin for a while. So yesterday we finished the townhouse fix-ups and today we headed up to the cabin to move our personal effects out of the way.

We made quick stops at the bank and post office, then Doc stopped at Starbucks. He passed several available parking spots until I instructed him to park in a certain one. He followed my instructions and spotted a Sit-N-Find penny before he even opened his car door! Then he found another one after getting his coffee. (Coins #1&2)

Meanwhile I went into the CVS Pharmacy to search. Didn’t find any coins until I went to purchase my item. There was a really obvious penny which the customer in front of me just about touched, but didn’t take. Mine now! (Coin #3)

***************

It has been two months of “togetherness” for Doc and I. As we were driving up the mountain we were thanking each other for “mutual tolerance”! We also discussed the new house and the need to focus on that project in September.

As we approached the cabin we drove past a construction project which is being overseen by a Project Manager we are considering hiring. There has been much progress since the first time we visited that sight. Spoke with several of the subs working on the project. That was 1.5 hours well spent.

***************

At dinnertime we headed for Lake Arrowhead in hopes of a meal with a sunset overlooking the Lake. Everything was pretty closed down. Headed back to Lake Gregory and had a wonderful Mexican dinner there. We were physically full, yet “Unfulfilled”. So we went PennyFinding across the street at the 7-11 convenience store. I spotted two pennies under the check out counter and had Doc cover for me. He purchased his “bedtime coffee” while I dove for coins. I got those two plus another penny. (Coins #4-6). Then while I was under the counter, a silver shiny appeared a few feet away. (Coin #7). Now we were satisfied and could go back to the cabin to work on the new house plans.

Total: 7 Coins P (6), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.31

No comments: