Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, September 27, 2010

Day #647 - Hot Head

I was concerned that by being on Leave of Absence from school, I might have difficulties finding the daily coins. Cal Poly Pomona provided so many areas for Finding (vending machines, parking lots, food court, bookstore, etc.). Today when I went to school I found zero coins on campus, but I did find coins elsewhere.

In this morning’s errands I went to two banks and the post office. Popped in to the grocery store just to look for coins. Found one penny under the change counting kiosk and when I kneeled to retrieve it, I spotted a penny 8-10 ft. away under the photocopier. (Coins #1&2). Outside the store, I looked under an occupied bench. Nothing spotted. When the man stood up and left, there was a quarter where I couldn’t see it originally. (Euphemism for under his backside). (Coin #3).

At the hardware store there was a dime, then a penny next to my truck in the parking lot. (Coins #4&5).

No coins on campus, at the blueprint shop, or at the architect’s office.

***************

House Progress

Today I met with the architect, spoke with a potential contractor, met with a potential plumber, worked on drawings, doors lists, etc.

***************

This evening Doc asked me about today’s Penny Finds. He had not found any at McDonalds when he went for breakfast. He doesn’t like it when he doesn’t have a coin find (Penny Fever), so at around 9:30 PM he headed to McDonalds again. A penny at the first window, two pennies between windows, and a dime when getting his order. (Doc Coins #1-4).

Total: 9 Coins P (6), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.51

Record Temperatures today. (113 F in our backyard).

My brain is fried. No lessons other than: Try to Keep a Cool Head

No comments: