Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day #641 - Stalemate

This morning we had a great conversation with a potential roofer. We also received the new truss designs - absolutely awesome and a bid which was favorable (and less than the conventional boring framing)!

At 2 PM we had a meeting with the architect. We outlined our plan of action to prepare documents and reports for the City. She is saying 3 weeks to get everything ready for Round 2.

***************

Doc claimed a quarter at Starbucks on the way to school. (Coin #1)

Today was the second day of the Fall term. The day began with a College of Engineering All Hands Session. Conditions this year look a little less bleak than they did last year at this time. Many people asked why I was in attendance since I was on leave. “Caring” is not directly attached to a paycheck. For Doc and I, the College and students are part of our lives and who we are. We aren’t there solely for the income.

After the meeting, I found my 2¢ worth within the Student Union. (Coins #2&3)

***************

After our session with the architect, we had a Retirement function back at school. Met a Penny Pal there. He said he reads Penny Tales EVERY day! Wow! I said that yesterday was Day #460 and I couldn’t believe it -- we would soon be at Day #500. Then I realized, “NO! Yesterday was day #640!” Each night I merely add one digit to the count. It sounded so different when I said it out loud to someone. Holy Cow! SIX HUNDRED and FORTY DAYS!

As we left the event at 7:30, Doc NEEDED a coffee. So he stopped at the Chevron gas station. As he was driving through the pumping area, he exclaimed “Penny!” So I hoped out to fetch it. He pointed, “There is another one!” He went inside to get a coffee and a third penny. I found a penny outside the door. (Coins #4-7).

When Doc emerged, he walked away from the van. I walked over to him and told him to scoot his backside into the car ‘cause we needed to get home! He stood in place. I told him to “move it!” He stood still. We were at a playful “stalemate -- and looked down to see a penny between us.

Thought: When you do something with “Heart and Soul” it makes such a difference. It can be teaching, house building, pumping gas, or cleaning toilets. Passion is infectious.

Total: 8 Coins P (7), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.32

No comments: