Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day #648 - Home Working

Home Working is different than “Homework”. This takes self discipline!

This is the first week where school is back in full swing and Doc is off to teach classes. My first “real” day of working at home.

Finally got Doc out of the house by 10 AM so that I could begin making calls and working on things. Full speed ahead. But it was difficult not to get side tracked by laundry, the pile of stuff I brought home from Cal Poly Pomona last month, the mail pile by the door, the fridge drawers which needed wiping, etc. I did lots of on-line and phone call research regarding aspects of the new house. Good progress on a few fronts (school fees, landscaping requirements, framing details, door schedule, etc.)

By 4 PM I was burned out. Temperatures in the house were becoming quite unpleasant plus there was no way to find today’s penny in here. I headed out to run errands. No coins at the sewing machine shop or the lighting store. So I went to Target strictly to find coins. Two pennies in the food area. (Coins #1&2).

Target is too pricy for me to shop, so I went to the 99¢ store. Collected a penny there (Coin #3) and a new toy for Norman.

Needed to stop for petrol on the way home - it had been 26 days since I last fuelled the truck. I was searching for coins and the attendant asked if I had found one yet today. Yup, there was one right in front of the register! (Coin #4)

Total: 4 Coins P (4), N (0), D (0), Q (0) = $0.04

No comments: