Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day #1,049 - Blue Skies

Blue skies, no winds, two surprise guests and CPP (Constant Positive Progress).

I arrived at 8:30 a.m. to find three crews already working. The Roofers, Painters and Tilers were all making progress. The roofers put in a full day. The painters ran out of materials and steam early afternoon. The tile crew put a little light colored grout on the “fence” tile. That needs to dry before they do the main brown grout, so they were gone by 10 a.m.

The Finish Carpenters were scheduled to work today on another job, but that one was delayed. Thus they came to the Penny Palace and installed the casing for the Aussie closet and the beadboard for the Master Bathroom (Doc doesn’t know about that yet).

The additional stone veneer arrived today. That was sort of one of those “Adjustments”. I had ordered stone based upon 36” high in front. Then we moved the windows up. But then the foam belly band had to move up and we needed more stone in front. There was no longer enough stone to finish around the front door. Gotta do that part. And since I had to order more stone anyhow, I ordered a little ‘extra’ to go under that breakfast nook turret.

***************

Early afternoon I was sitting in the Master Shower trying to get ‘inspiration’ for the tile designs. I’ve sketched various designs over the past months, but none of them have me “at peace”. I was deep in thought when I felt a presence behind me. It was Pam! She is a Penny Tale reader who lives quite a distance away. She just decided to hop in her car and come see the Palace which she had been reading about. So I dropped what I was doing and spent an hour touring with her.

By then it was mid afternoon and I really needed to get the tile design finalized and the order placed or we will not have tile next Tuesday as needed. Back to the bathroom. Within moments I heard a female voice. Maribel introduced herself and told me about the services she could provide. I liked her instantly. The Finish Carpenters, Fireplace persons, Painter, and others have ‘appeared’ for us at the Penny Palace. Are they ‘ambulance chasers?’ or have the Angels prompted these people and linked them to us? So far, they have worked out nicely.

I spoke with Maribel for quite a while. Ended up telling her about Penny Finders. She shared some things as well. Today’s encounter was more than “COINcidence”.

***************

By now it was late afternoon and I scrambled to finish some sort of design and write up an order. I locked the gates at 4 p.m. and raced to the tile store. Last night Doc said I have been to the tile store almost every day these past few weeks. Did I have something going with the tile man? I replied that I was visiting half a dozen stores and rotating the guys so any one of them did not get tired of ‘servicing’ me! LOL

As I was driving down the freeway I had an additional design idea. Then I got to the store and placed the order. There are 8 different types of tile for that one shower stall. When I got home I realized I forget the 9th one! Was about to call back and leave a message for the additional pieces when I had another idea. Now the design ‘clicks’! And that was due to a ‘screw up’ in placing the order. Nice.

***************

There was a quick stop at Home Depot for the strap hinges on the Aussie closet doors. There is another whole story with those, but this Tale is already long enough.

Driving home I remembered Penny Finding. Quick detour into a 7-11 store. One penny as I walked in the door. Another spotted under the counter and when I dove for that one, I spotted a third. (Coins #1-3)

This evening Doc was at school until 9 p.m. again. He is now 65% done with his lectures for this term.

Total: 3 Pennies

No comments: