Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day #1,072 - Annual Gathering

Thursday was Thanksgiving and yesterday was my 50th Birthday, so today we combined those two in our Annual Shelton Gathering. This year I think we reached our maximum seating capacity. Sofas were taken away and replaced by tables and chairs. If people keep acquiring spouses and babies, then we need a bigger house!

This morning I realized I had better find a coin early in the day. So when Doc went for coffee, I tagged along. Got that job done within a few minutes. Walked around the nearby fast food diners. There were no coins found at KFC or at the drive up window at Arby’s. So I did a Sing Song and immediately found a shiny dime in a parking space, then a second dime, then a penny. And they were all glistening beautifully in the sun. (Coins #1-3). Next door at Taco Bell there was the tiniest edge of a coin peeping out of a concrete crack. Tool retrieval for that dime. (Coin #4). Meanwhile Doc had hopped out of the van and walked the self-wash car spa where he collected 2 pennies. (Coins #5&6)

At 1 p.m. the guests began arriving. It was my dream to have my 50th Birthday Celebration at the Penny Palace, so we did that. I hired a bus to take us all out to the Penny Palace. We also drove past the Claremont lot (which closed escrow this week) and waved goodbye to it.

At the construction site it wasn’t quite the Thanksgiving feast I had envisioned, but we enjoyed a tour and a Sparkling Cider toast together. Then it was back to our current house for Lasagna and FOOD of every sort.

Total: 6 Coins P (3), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.33

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Amazing that you are taking family photos inside the penny palace on your birthday as you envisioned! I know it's not complete, but close enough!!!
Yayyyyyy!