Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day #1,062 - Colors

The colors of the Penny Palace are simply gorgeous. (Of course my opinion is just slightly biased). Although today I did get a second (unsolicited) opinion on that.

This morning I arrived at the jobsite at 8 a.m. Tile Bob had the shower almost all grouted. No wonder he is so grumpy. I would be too if I started working at 7 a.m. each day. The colors on the shower look great!

Since Tile Bob had his shop vac out, I seized the opportunity to use it and clean the Grand Room. I was concentrating on conquering the dust when a woman’s voice called out a cheery hello. Bobby is a neighbor who wanted to see the colors inside the house. She said she really likes the colors on the outside of the house, “You have the best looking colors in all of Deer Creek!” (There are 373 lots so that is quite a compliment).

Speaking of pleasant colors … Yesterday I got that granite-looking paint for the Grand Room. It is supposed to be used within 2-3 days of being mixed, so I could not get it prior to yesterday for testing purposes. Also, there are no ‘sample’ sizes, a whole gallon must be purchased. This morning I tested it. Yucky! Two different colors, a whole gallon of each, and both are yucky. The test samples I painted look nothing like the beautiful colors on the swatches I selected. Very disappointed. This afternoon on the way home from the jobsite I stopped at Lowe’s to see if we could ‘doctor’ the formula. Will do a new test tomorrow.

At 9 a.m. Miguel and Serafin arrived to spray sealer on the stone veneer outside. That really changes the colors of the stone. By noon they were finished with that task and thus had an early day. I asked if they might help move and transport the wood flooring from the storage unit to the Penny Palace. They said after lunch.

Around noon the Flooring Installer Jerry called with a reminder: Be sure to get your wood floor into the room for a few days so it can adapt to the climate. Perfect timing! The two guys had the afternoon off to help with that. Doc had planned for he and I to move all those boxes over the weekend, but I could not even lift one box and poor Pippy would have had to make several trips to carry such heavy loads.

On the way home from the jobsite I stopped at a convenience store. One VERY battered penny found. (Coin #1) I laughed at the Angels saying, “this is how my body feels right now”. (See photo)

When Doc arrived home at 7 p.m. we were both exhausted. We went for a quick counter meal at a Mexican food place. I found two pennies - one was a 1920 Wheat! (See Photo). Doc also found a penny right next to the van. (Coins #2-4).

Then it was a quick stop at the grocery store for bread, lunch meat, and two pennies. (Coins #5&6)

This evening I am working on progress for the solar system and the door locks.

Total: 6 Pennies

No comments: