Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day #1,070 - Giving Thanks


I must have been very tired yesterday. I fell asleep in Dundee’s pen when I went to tuck him in for the night.

Doc said that we should start the day by taking our other two dogs out for a drive. Due to his leg injury, I have been taking Dundee with me every day to the jobsite, thus the other two dogs have been proclaiming “discrimination!” So, we grabbed some leashes and headed to Starbucks. Doc got his coffee, I wandered the closed In-N-Out Burger diner. Found one penny as soon as I stepped out of the van, one under the pay window, and a nickel at the eating tables. Doc had a sit-n-find penny as he was driving in the parking lot. (Coins #1-4)

We spent the day cleaning, grading student papers (Doc) and getting the house ready for guests.

From 2-8 p.m. we were enjoying Thanksgiving at the home of our newly-married friends. Their first family feast as husband and wife. They prepared two deep-fried turkeys plus a whole table full of accompaniments. We left their house feeling totally stuffed.

On the way home I asked Doc to pull into the McDonalds near home. He thought I was joking. I wasn’t. I just thought it would be fun to say “we went to McDonalds for Thanksgiving”. True Statement! I collected a quarter and a penny. Doc pulled out his flashlight and searched in the rocks of the planter bed to find 3 pennies. (Coins #5-9).

Every Day is a day for Giving Thanks. This day is no different than any other - except we sure seem to put a lot more focus on food.

Total: 9 Coins P (7), N (1), D (0), Q (1) = $0.37

No comments: