Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day #1,065 - Lit Up

When Doc and I were dating (30 years ago), one of our favorite songs was “You Light Up My Life”. That song came to mind today.

After running a few errands, Doc and I arrived at the jobsite around 10:30 a.m. He enjoyed seeing the progress which had been made this week: Master shower tile, Master bath floor, stone sealing, solar work, painting, sub-panels wired. etc.

Although he was not keen on my choice of paint for the Grand Room, he cooperated and helped paint the sage paint while I did the copper paint. Around 4 p.m. it started getting pretty dark. Fortunately Doc had brought two work lights from home, so he plugged those in. They tripped the circuit, so we could only use one which he offered to let me use. I laughed saying that he still Lights Up my world.

I usually leave the jobsite when it gets dark since we have no lighting there. Tonight as we were packing gear to leave, I looked up at the house to see our work light shining through the windows. It was just so warm and inviting. When Doc came out I grabbed his hand and for a moment we just enjoyed seeing the Penny Palace Lit Up!

It took us 5 hours to paint two little walls! Remind me never again to use a granite finish paint and technique. We were both tired and sore.

***************

Doc said he needed a cup of coffee from the Bad Ass Coffee Company. While he got coffee, I searched for coins. None around that area or even the CVS store. So I continued to the grocery store where I found one penny. (Coin #1) Doc said he would head back to the van so that I could keep walking and looking for more coins. I found four at the gas station. (Coins #2-5). Meanwhile Doc found two pennies when walking back to the van. (Coins #6&7)

***************

We were both pretty filthy and needed to use a restroom before going to dinner. So we stopped at a grocery store. Doc found one penny before going inside. (Coin #8). I found a dime and two pennies around the check out area. (Coins #9-11) Then we both spotted the nickel on the way out the door. (Coin #12).

We stopped for a quick counter meal at the little Irish café we discovered last week. The food was so good that we went back there this evening to try several more new foods. Fun date.

Total: 12 Coins P (10), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.25 (favorite number)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Come on Dragon Lady.... one little smile... pleeeezzzeee...
Liked seeing the house lit up at night. Glowing!!! Nice!!!