Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, November 18, 2011

Day #1,064 - Mini Mountain

There are so many things to share with you each day. Not sure which to write about and which to leave out. There are smiles, COINcidences, frustrations, decisions, progress and mountains to create!

Another day beginning on site at 7:30. Since I was expecting a busy day, I did a detour on the drive over and walked for 5 minutes through the row of fast-food diners. Just wanted to get today’s Penny Find taken care of. One penny (Coin #1).

When I arrived at 7:30, Tile Bob and Tony had already grouted the Master bathroom floor. I quickly offloaded my gear, set up shop and was working before 8. I painted the missing patch of sage green in the Grand Room.

By 8:30 Curmudgeon Bob was ready to work with me. Earlier in the week he had offered to (actually the word “offered” sounds too nice - he had declared that he would) work with me and help me create the mini-mountain as his housewarming gift to us! (There is a soft spot underneath the crustiness). So this morning for 3 hours, Bob slathered the stones, while I positioned them and Tony added the nails to hold them in place. We placed five stones at a time. When each batch was on the wall, the guys would head out for a cigarette while I fine-tuned the mortar and joints.

The painters arrived at 8:15. Lots of progress today. Master Bathroom painted, Aussie bathroom painted, more wood posts and trim painted.

The solar guys installed the two inverter boxes.

The roofers finished the detached garage roof.

After work at 3 p.m. I went to the paint store for more samples. I think that makes every day this week. Last week it was tile stores, this week paint stores.

***************

Yesterday Dundee dog injured his rear leg. Vet appointment this afternoon. Diagnosis - a torn ligament. Anti-inflamatory medicine and bed rest for 3 weeks. How the heck do you keep a dog in bed for a day, let alone 3 weeks?

***************

Last week I took Pippy for her Smog Check and she had a Hydrocarbon reading of 96 ppm (the limit was 95). This evening I took her for a re-test; 94 ppm. She passed!

Back to the Lesson: ONE can make a difference.

***************

Doc spent his morning at school working in the lab. He was cleaning out some of the solar car gear. He found one penny outside the lab next to the door.

***************

Pippy was running on fumes, so I took her for fuel. After pumping about 5 gallons, I began talking to the Angels, “Yes, I realize I probably should go into the convenience store and look for additional coins. One for today is pretty minimal. But to tell you the truth, Angels, I don’t give a rip about Penny Finding right now. I want to go home. I am not interested in walking over to the store just for a bloomin’ coin!” As the meter registered 8 gallons, my neck and shoulders were getting sore from holding the gas pump handle. I tried to adjust by rotating my neck - and I spotted a beautiful, shiny, heads-up penny on the raised concrete about 3 ft. behind me! It was as if the Angels were handing me a coin on a silver platter!

Total: 3 Pennies

1 comment:

Greg Kebbekus said...

The solar inverter is exciting, I can't wait to hear how it works.