Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day #1,108 - Hello 2012

What did you do to begin the new year?

Today Doc and I went to the Penny Palace. On the way he stopped at Starbucks while I walked around the nearby closed Chick-fil-A area. I searched carefully three times around the drive up window and approach. Finally I said, “OK Penny Angels, I just know there must be coins here. Show me!” Instantly I spotted a very shiny penny wedged into a corner under the stone veneer on the building wall. As I found a tool to pry it out, I spotted a dime also under the stone veneer below the drive up window. I was laughing. I said, “OK Angels, so you like SingSongs”. Then I shall do another one. I did and immediately spotted a penny in a planter bed. So I did another SingSong and found another penny! By then, Doc was in the van and ready to leave. (Coins #1-4).

At the Penny Palace, I painted the garden bathtub area. I hate painting and was quite grumpy as a result. Doc stayed out of my way by cleaning up trash and working on a 4-page list of things for the electrical crew. Then he went for a coffee. He also collected a dime and three pennies. (Coins #5-8). Guess the score is tied today.

Total: 8 Coins P (6), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.26

We spent a little time on the spiral staircase in trying to shore up the temporary handrail and cutting it to length.

Son Stephen stopped in at the Penny Palace on his way home from work. He offered a laminate countertop which he was going to discard. OK, that will save us a few hundred dollars. Let’s just hope it’s not purple or something horrible.

**************

When it comes to Penny Finding people sometimes make comments like, “So at the end of a year, you’ll have $3.65. Whoopee. What’s the big deal?”

To me, it’s not the Money which Matters, it’s the Messages attached to the coins.

For those of you who do like the data …

Since Day #1 of this Consecutive Penny Finding streak, the Penny Angels have provided:

10,070 US Coins P (7500), N (593), D (1477), Q (500)

How unusual that the number of pennies and quarters are exact multiples of 500.

With paper money and dollar coins, the total found is $453.84 which does not include all the foreign coins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What this proves to me is that other people are very careless with their money, their coins. And you two are opportunists. Nothing wrong with that!

Mandy said...

$453!!!! WHAT!
That's better than the interest at the bank!
Pennyfinding needs to be my new year's resolution!