Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day #1,115 - Searching


A nice Sunday morning. We tried a new restaurant for breakfast and our calendar / planning session. Then we visited the rental house to check on it. A fence has been built since our visit yesterday!

I spent 4-5 hours working on end-of-year finances and tax preparation. I could not find one particular property tax form. I was sure I had put it in the “to be paid later’ file. I searched off and on for a few hours. Finally asked Doc to help me locate the document. He went through some files with no results. He said, “the fastest way for us to find it is if I get on line and print out a duplicate. Then you will find what you are looking for.” Doc spent 20-30 minutes obtaining a copy of the on-line tax statement. As it was coming off the printer, I opened the file I had searched numerous times, and there was the envelope I was seeking! Manifested.

After all that frustration, I needed a break. So we took the doggies to get their nails trimmed. Norman had his nails cut and was impatiently waiting for brother Sparky to get his nails trimmed. So I walked Norman up and down the aisles of the pet store. We found a nickel in one aisle! (Coin #1)

Went home to work on more bill paying and chores. By 7 p.m. getting hungry. Headed to the usual three grocery stores. Penny at each of the first two stores. (Coins #2&3). At the third store five pennies and one dime. (Coins #4-9)

This evening I was again searching for something. Couldn’t find it until I asked Doc to go room-by-room through the house with me. Then it was right in front of me.

Thought: I hate wasting so much time in searching for things -- and it makes it worse when they are in obvious places. I guess we go through much of life that way -- searching for answers that are obvious or right in front of us. Why don’t we see them?

Total: 9 Coins P (7), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.22

No comments: