Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day #1,118 - Metered

There were 19 guys working on site today and it seemed like each one of them needed attention in one way or another. (And that doesn’t count the ones on the phone). There were things happening in every room!

When I arrived, I noticed the big dumpster out front had been emptied this morning. Great! Within two hours, I had it filled again with all the trash from the garage. That was one of the first items completed.

I had been expecting the Landscaping Crew and the flooring crew today. Did not expect all the others.

Jesse was mixing concrete and adding additional block to the patio seat wall. He also hauled off the scaffolding and leftover piping which created more space in the garages for other people to work.

The Slagle brothers appeared around 9 a.m. and spent the day cutting and installing many feet of baseboard moldings. That got more material out of the garage.

The flooring guys put down the laminate in the Family Room and Doc’s office.

The solar tube guy installed the diffusers.

Sometime in the afternoon a new neighbor dropped in to ask if she might see the house. She was very gracious and the exchange left me totally re-charged. Yesterday I was exhausted and very much in need of just such an “Angel” visit.

Around 3 p.m., two trucks and three guys from the power company arrived. They were here to pull the wires from the street to our electric box and then install the meter! Yesterday when I called Edison, I was told they would send us forms which needed completing, then we could order the meter and would have it several days after that. Someone else told us it could take a few weeks due to the recent wind storm activities.

As of 4 p.m. today we have an official, operating Edison electric power meter! I got to "throw the switch!" The subs immediately noticed the increased available power when using their equipment.

At 5 p.m. I walked the perimeter of the Penny Palace. It was fun to have each motion detector light activated as I walked past it.

***************

When driving home, I realized I had no coin finds today! I detoured to a grocery store. Found a dime just after entering the store. I got some fruit and stood in line to pay. I said, “Penny Angels, I need a PENNY please.” Within moments I found another dime. Again I said, “Penny Please. Dimes don’t count as pennies”. I purchased my items. The change due was $1.24 The cashier gave me $1.25 (unusual to do at that store). Does that count for the requested penny?

***************

At 8 p.m. Realtor Adrie arrived. We needed to sign more documents for Rental #2 (Paint Bucket). The bank still has not signed the documents needed to open escrow. And escrow is supposed to close Friday? Plus, one of the documents had the wrong Property ID number on it!

***************

I had the entire Penny Tale written for today and ready to post. Then Doc handed me a penny saying, “I found it when I stopped for coffee this morning and had forgotten about it”. Grrrr….

Total: 3 Coins P (1 or 2 ?), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.21?

1 comment:

JR said...

Power to the palace!
Extra change does not count. Accepting it is stealing.
Don't Grr Doc; that's your legitimate penny.