Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day #1,117 - Peso?

This morning we tried to get to the jobsite early, but emails and calls needed attention. When we did arrive at the jobsite, Rick had moved several rocks around and was already taking his backhoe home! The landscapers continued working on the yard.

Doc and I moved all the “stuff” out of the family room and his office. The flooring guys finished laying the vinyl flooring in the Master Bedroom and were going to glue down the underlayment in the next two rooms.

At 12:50 Realtor Adrie called to say the Bank had an additional form they wanted us to sign ASAP could we meet her in 30 minutes? We did that, then Doc and I parted ways. He went to turn in beverage containers at the recycle center while I went to the post office, three tile stores and Lowe’s.

I finally ordered the additional wood flooring. When paying for my order, I spotted a dime in a closed check out line. The coin was way beyond my reach so I was using all sorts of things near the cash register in order to get to it. A cashier asked if I needed help. Sort of, but I couldn’t ask someone else to get my coin. I did finally manage to obtain it. (Coin #1).

When leaving Lowe’s I said, “Hey Angels. Do you remember the morning when we found two pesos here? Those coins were pretty - gold and silver. Want to do anything interesting like that today?” Within a few minutes I found a gold and silver coin! I thought it was a peso again. (U.S. Value of 7.3¢) Then realized it was a Euro (U.S. Value of $1.28). That is 17 times more valuable. Good job Angels!

I next collected two dirt pennies in a planter.

Doc found his penny for the day when he was redeeming his voucher for the recycled bottles and cans.

Total: 4 US Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13 + one Euro ($1.28)

No comments: