Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day #1,121 - Date Night


Some household chores this morning, then off to the Penny Palace. Doc stopped for his coffee at a convenience store. I collected two dirt pennies which I spotted as I hopped out of the van. Then a dime and penny inside the store. (Coins #1-4).

At the Penny Palace we did some cleaning, looked at the options for wall cap stone, tried cutting and breaking tile pieces for my stream, and various other little things. Then we worked on the P-shaped foam for the bathroom ceiling. We cut, sanded and painted it (first coat). It should work nicely.



Son Stephen had some garage cabinets and a laminate countertop which he no longer wanted. The price was right (free) so today we took those and placed them in our garage.

***************

We locked the Penny Palace gates around 4:30 p.m. and headed out for a Saturday “Date Night”.

We first cruised the stores along Tile Row in Upland. No, not inside the showrooms. We went Dumpster Diving in the alleyways! I collected quite a nice haul of tiles. Hopefully some of them will work for my broken tile stream.

Next we visited the lighting shop. Last night when Doc was there to get son Stephen’s order, he saw a light he liked and wanted to show me. I didn’t really want crystals on the chandelier. Time for negotiation. To me, crystals just don’t go with the rustic theme of the house.

We made a quick dinner stop for a sandwich and some chili (which should make for a memorable time later tonight) . Found a penny on the sidewalk. (Coin #5).

Next it was Home Depot. I found a really pretty penny there. (Coin #6) I bought one piece of base molding for the Penny Palace garden bathroom and Doc bought two pieces of trim for the rental house. Dutch treat on our date! (Such a wild Saturday night).

Now we are home to gather up tools and supplies for our next wild work session

Total: 6 Coins P (5), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.15

No comments: