Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 2, 2012

Day #1,109 - Football & Food

The first of the year is one of Doc’s favorite days … non-stop football and food. While he enjoys those activities, I pay bills and try and get our financial and rental papers in order.

This morning son Stephen called. He wanted Doc/us to meet his family somewhere to have breakfast. Doc actually agreed to leave his TV and go out to eat! I had already eaten some yogurt and figured two hours of quietness in the house would be very welcomed, so I stayed home. After breakfast they went to Starbucks and then came back to the house. So for the next 1.5 hours I entertained grandson Ethan. (Nice way of saying he is high energy and I tried to keep him from getting into too many things). I had him stamping and sealing all the bills I had been paying.

By 4 p.m. I needed to get out of the house. Took a 1-hour break to go to the bank and the post office. Drove through the high school parking lot. Didn’t find any coins and was ready to leave. I said, “Hello Angels. I guess the high school lot is Doc’s turf. He often finds coins here, but I generally do not”. Just then I spotted a penny! Thanks Angels.

This evening I am doing more research on appliances for the Penny Palace and preparing the worksheets / task lists for the upcoming week. Should be another busy one.

Total: 1 Penny

No comments: