Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day #1,356 - Make Things Happen


This morning the focus was more progress on the window treatments.  My first stop was a fabric store.  I was ‘nudged’ to park a little further out in the parking lot.  As soon as I stepped out of the truck, I spotted two shiny pennies close by.  “Thanks Angels.  That takes care of that Action Item”.  I investigated more options for my office drapes. I also again checked out those sample swatches for the Dining  Room cornices to have for my 10:30 meeting with Drapery Bryan. 


Drapery Bryan
 The meeting with Bryan went nicely and we had fun.  (Except for the payment part).









Fabric Samples at Home
Next I stopped to meet an upholsterer to whom I had been referred.  (My former upholsterer is no longer in business).  Jose seems quite nice and I liked the feel of his shop.  I found a few fabrics of interest in the display books.  However, Jose said he does not let people take books out of the shop.  I told him it is impossible to buy fabrics without seeing them in their intended location.  The lighting in the shop is much different than the home lighting.  I convinced Jose to let me put down a deposit and borrow the samples.



Phone Line Testing
When I arrived home Doc was on the house phone with the State Retirement Service Line.  Evidently our optometrist called because our insurance coverage is not current.  (We have our annual appointments scheduled for 8 a.m. tomorrow).  Doc was on hold and the message said it would be a 1.25 to 1.75 hour wait to speak with a service rep.  I got out my cell phone and called the Human Resources rep at Cal Poly Pomona.  She recognized me, knew Doc and I, said the CPP contract with the Vision Provider would not be renewed for another few weeks, had the company do a manual override, called me back, explained the situation, and suggested I call the optometrist to keep our appointment.  All of that in a matter of 10-15 minutes!  Isn’t in wonderful to deal with people who can Make Things Happen!

The phone line has had a humming noise which drives me nuts.  So I called for service. There was an automated program which gave step by step instructions to test the system.  I was not able to determine the cause of the problem so have requested a technician.



Table Layouts on the Patio
Doc had been wanting to get rid of some of the Ramboard covering from the floors. I like it because I don’t ever have to wash the floors!  We compromised.  He cut up the Ramboard, but into 30” x 72” pieces which I could then use as table templates. That helped us mock up some potential table placements for the upcoming events.


Slide Show Beginnings







Doc began selecting a few photos from the hundreds we have taken.  We hope to have a slide show for the Open House ...

Around 6:30 p.m. Doc and Sparky went for their evening coffee and returned with two pennies.

This evening I have been ‘cranking’ on the invitations for the Open House and Celebrations.  There are 5-6 events planned throughout that week with different audiences for each.  Need to remember and thank everyone who has been part of this journey.


Total:  4 pennies

No comments: