In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.

Please visit the website:

Joyfully, Tina

Monday, September 24, 2012

Day #1,375 - Big Move #3

Empty Aussie Shelves

The moving company called around 8 a.m. to confirm our scheduled move for today.  Doc and I shifted a few things at this end and then headed over to the Pomona house.  Of course Doc stopped for coffee before getting on the freeway.  I collected two pennies in the parking lot.  (Coins #1&2).

Last BIG Move
The moving truck arrived at 9:15 and by 9:40 we began loading.  The movers packaged and transported the furniture, while Doc and I dealt with the contents and wall décor.  On one trip to the van, Doc found a penny on the sidewalk!  (Coin #3).

When we arrived at the Penny Palace, I think it took more time to assemble the furniture than to bring it in the house. By 12:15 the movers were leaving and Doc and I were ready to collapse.  We unpacked a few things, then at 2 p.m. Doc headed off to school.  I kept unpacking and dealing with mail, RSVPs, rental issues, etc. 

At 4:15 the upholsterer called.  I was elated, yet dreading the thought of more lifting.  It took me 40 minutes to carry eight chairs out of the house and then load them into Pippy and tie them down. My body was complaining.

Kitchen Chairs Ready to go Home
Arrived at the upholstery shop at 5:15.  The coffee bar stools and breakfast nook chairs look great.  There was stop-and-go traffic on the freeway, so it took until 6:10 to get home.  I offloaded the 7 chairs.  My body was resisting the overtime work. I fed the dogs and was back on the freeway by 6:45.

My mom had offered to make dinner for us tonight!  She had too much food in her fridge and it was going to spoil.  So from 7:30 - 8:00 Doc and I were treated to a wonderful outdoor dinner.

At 8:00 p.m. we had an appointment at the Pomona house to meet someone who wanted to buy the washer and dryer.  We waited for an hour, but the person never showed.  Doc and I spent the time packing the contents of the Australian Room. By the time we left at 9 p.m., that room was cleared.  One more room down, only 4-5 zones remaining.

Total:  3 Pennies

No comments: