Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day #1,357 - Knock, Knock


Garage Cleaning

Doc agreed to another 1.5 hours in the garage this morning.  Made great progress - he agreed to give away 5 text books (out of dozens).  The rest were reboxed and moved into the garage attic.



Late morning there was a knock on the door. It was Jose - Pond Bryan’s father who owns the pool cleaning business.  We spoke for a few minutes about the pond maintenance, and then the conversation turned to construction.  Jose is currently building his retirement home in Honduras so I invited him inside to see the Penny Palace.  He liked it.  With some people, things just ‘click’ and flow easily.  Several times during the hour tour, Jose invited Doc and I to come visit his house when it is completed.  Hmmm …. had never considered Central America for travel - until now ….
Coffee Infusion

By then it was noon and we needed to get many things done yet today.  Doc headed out to turn in the beverage recyclables, donate a few items to the thrift store, and get the brakes on the van serviced.

With the house quiet, I was able to spend another hour working on the Open House tour Program.  Twelve pages so far at about the half way point.

At 4:15 I headed out to run some errands.  I missed the street for the post office where I was headed, so just kept going.  Then I took the wrong freeway offramp to my next stop.  I arrived at the upholstery shop one minute before they closed.  I was able to return the fabric swatches I checked out yesterday, but unfortunately owner Jose was not in the shop to take my order.    I will need to go there again.

At 5 p.m. Doc had just finished at the auto shop, so we met at the Pomona house.  We watered the plants, filled the ponds, took down the owl collector plates, and brought home the two remaining high stools (to be re-upholstered).

After that, Doc headed out for dinner, while I headed to my 6 p.m. meeting with Renter #1.  I knocked on the door - no answer.  She finally arrived at 6:30.  I spent an hour at that house, then another hour when I got home in writing a necessary letter.  Not fun energy expended on those.  I did find three pennies in the alley behind the house.  (Coins #1-3)

This evening Doc said he was pooped and I was to pretty much leave him alone.  At 9:30 his phone rang and then a knock on the door.  Son Stephen must be able to ‘cents’ Doc’s caffeine need, because he arrived bearing a Starbucks coffee!

I rolled coins and sorted out the shiny pennies.

Total: 3 pennies

No comments: