Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day #1,377 - Penny Rescue


I used to do this ‘events coordinating’ stuff on a regular basis.  I must be getting rusty ‘cause it seems like I do not have many of the key components secured yet.  (Food, staffing, set up, logistics).  I’m still working on getting the straggler invitations mailed!

This morning I actually blocked time to work on three things:  the Command Center, the Laundry Room, and the window shelves.  It is 6 p.m. and I haven’t even looked at those yet.

Kitchen Rail Set Up

There were some emails and correspondences to deal with first thing this morning.  Then I got inspired to move two shelves on the craft supply wall.  That led to emptying two boxes. (Which is a good thing because it is difficult to walk through my office).

Doc left for school around 9:15.  At 11:30 Iron Jimmy called.  Could he come install the decorative sink railing?  Huh?  Last week he said he was too busy to begin that project until Oct 4th.  And now he wanted to install it?  Sure!  So I scrambled to move plants and dishes out of his way.

Then I sat down with the Open House Walking Tour printed program.  I compiled the edits and prepared a new working draft for the meeting with the printer at 2 p.m. 

The meeting with the printer went quickly and by 2:30 I was off to other things.  Stopped at the Pomona house just for a few minutes.  Then I went to four stores for supplies and things for the upcoming events. 

At the final store I said, “Look Angels, this is my last stop for the day, you need to provide today’s coin here.”  There was no coin to be found.  I was stopped at the signal for the freeway onramp.  I was talking to the Angels, “I don’t like having to force Penny Finds.  You are supposed to have them for me in my regular routine.  Just where would you have me stop now in order to collect today’s coin?”  I looked out my window and there was a penny in the median strip!  There were no cars behind me, and the light had just turned red.  So I took Pippy out of gear, set the parking brake, tossed my water bottle out of my lap (Pippy doesn’t have a holder that works), unbuckled the seat belt, unlocked the door, fetched the penny, did all those things in reverse, and proceeded promptly when the light turned green!  Whew!  All that for ONE penny!

Total:  1 Penny

1 comment:

JR said...

Four days left and no nickel yet, this month. Walked up to the secret vending machine and said “Nickel”. It obliged and threw in a quarter and two dimes. Walked back to the breezeway and said “penny”. It delivered ... the next day.