Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day #1,369 - Offer Accepted


I woke up this morning to a day planned full of activities.  Did an early check of my emails. Realtor Adrie had said last night that we would probably not hear from her for a day or two.  The Buyers would need time to consider the counter offer we signed last night at 9 p.m. The Buyers accepted our counter offer during the night and we are to open escrow immediately!

Side Story which occurred to me while driving down the freeway this afternoon:
The Pomona House had been on the market for one month (all of August).  There was no serious interest.  For the past two weeks as I have been driving and doing errands, I have been talking out loud to the Angels.  “Look guys.  I need some assistance on the Pomona house project. Can you take over here?  Of course, we have the sales price issue - we need a certain bottom line amount.  But you know me … I want More than the Minimum.  Please find us a Buyer for whom it will also be financially good. (Not someone who would be overbuying).  Let the buyer be someone who will be a good neighbor for the people around the house.  Let the buyer be someone who respects the house and treats it with care - the house has been good to us.  I have left the furniture to ‘show’ that house, but I need some of it soon for the Open House Party at the new house.  So can you find this buyer and get the house into escrow fairly quickly?  And to top it off … could you find someone who appreciates ‘old fashioned country décor?  That way they won’t gut the place and take away the charm of it.”

The Buyers have a decent down payment, they want a short escrow, and they liked the décor so well that they wanted it all!  Of course, I won’t give them the quilt Doc’s mother made and a lot of other sentimental things, but yes, the house sale can include many of the items.

Our Realtor said she has never, ever had a Buyer ask for ALL contents.  Normally people do not want other people’s stuff.  Angel Intervention?  Another COINcidence?

***************

Housekeeper Maribel called to say her other appointment today had cancelled.  Did we want her to work more than the two hours today at our house?  Sure!!!  Just cleaning all the floors could keep her busy for two hours.  She arrived at 9 a.m.

I was out the door at 9:20 to stop at the bank to turn in our rolled coins and stop at the post office for more postage stamps (for the Open House invitations) before meeting the printer.  At 10 a.m. I gave Printer John my Open House Walking Tour Guidebook and files.  He made some good suggestions on layout, paper type, cost cutting, etc.  John and Ginger are the grandparents to Merlin (see Penny Tale Day #652) and I had a wonderful time getting to know them.

Printer John with Mocked Up Guidebook
I made a quick stop at the Pomona house.  Said hello to it.

***************
Aussie Map:  One of the hundreds of little things to do has been to laminate a map I ordered months ago (from Australia). I had tried one print shop when the map arrived, but they did not want to take the risk of doing it.  That project had not made my top 10 Action Items, but I was passing near the blueprint shop today.  Called ahead to see if they could do it while I waited.  Nope.  They would send it out, it would take two days, and there was a $50 minimum order.  No thanks!  So I called upon the Angels: “Find a better way”.  I was nudged to call a shop near the freeway I would be taking to the Drapery shop at 1 p.m.  “Yes, they could do it in an hour $15”  Much better.

I dropped off the map for lamination and continued to Pasadena to pick up the bolt of fabric for the dining chairs.  That was only a 5 minute stop.  The map would not be ready until 2 p.m.  I made a stop at Target to use the bathroom (and look for a coin).  There were a dozen check out lanes and I searched through them from two different directions - no coins to be found. I purchased some nuts for lunch. The open lines were long, so I asked the Angels which one to choose.  I was ‘nudged’ toward one.  There was a coin!  As I left the store, I said, “Thanks Angels, it’s a dime. Appreciate that, but this is Penny Tales”.  As I said that, I found a nickel!  I was laughing.  Nickels are the rarest to find of the four basic coins.  I jokingly said, “What?  No penny?  Are you going to give me a quarter next?”

I picked up the laminated map. The charge was only $12 instead of the $15 quoted.  Thanks Angels.

***************
On the way home I stopped at a 7-11 store to look for a penny.  Guess what? No penny there - only a Quarter!!!  I was laughing.  I walked around the parking lot saying, “Angels, I know there is a penny here. Please show me ‘cause you have played with me enough already. I want to go home now.”  Instantly there was a penny!

A Hit for the Cycle with just four coins!  What is the probability of that?

***************
I arrived home to find a 36” x 36” enlarged map of our neighborhood.  Neighbor Craig provided that as his part of the upcoming Neighborhood potluck.  Now I must devise a way to hang it.

***************
At 6:30 Doc called from Campus.  He was exhausted, but happy. The Angels had found his tie clip!  He had lost it at the wedding on September 1 at the Raas Garba.  Evidently it had taken a ride with the bride’s Grandmother ……

***************

Doc wanted to know what we were having for dinner tonight?  I told him “Penny Tales”.  I am now four days behind and needed to write - not to cook or eat.  And he needed to download photos and compile the videos.  He said maybe he should stay at school!

Total:  4 Coins        P (1), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.41

1 comment:

JR said...

Cycle in just 4 coins in one day? Been there. Done that. In order.