Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day #1,374 - Mellow Day


Spent the morning catching up on the Construction Daily Journal. (I had not worked on it since April!)

Video Work


Son Stephen returned borrowed tables and then worked with Doc on the video for the Open House.






Aussie Room Prepped

At 3 p.m. we headed out to the Pomona house to prepare for tomorrow’s move.  Doc stopped for coffee and a banana. I found two coins in the planter next to the van.  It was difficult to tell, but one coin was a dime, and the other a penny.  (Coins #1&2)  Then Doc and I searched the 4-5 parking spots in front of the store.  Neither one of us saw any coins. I turned around and suddenly there was a gleaming penny behind me.  I bent to pick it up and found a vertical penny in a crack. And then there was another penny!  (Coins #3-5)

Washer & Dryer Prepped
Inside the store I spotted two silver coins under the counter right next to one another. One was a loose quarter which I had to use to pry off the stuck nickel. (Coins #6&7). Hit for the Cycle at one location!

After working at the Pomona house, we went to the bank and grocery store next to it.  I spied a gleaming penny in a dirt planter.  Bent to collect it and saw a second penny, then a third, then another, then another… Six pennies there.  (Coins #8-13).

Inside the grocery store, there was a dime as I walked in.   Then Doc spotted a dime as we entered the check-out lane. (Coins #14&15).

As the tall man in front of us paid for his items, he dropped a penny.  He looked at it, stood on top of it, completed his transaction, and left. My coin now!  (Coin #16). There was one more penny before we left the store. (Coin #17).


Total:  17 Coins        P (12), N (1), D (3), Q (1) = $0.72   Hit for the Cycle

No comments: