Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day #1,362 - 777


Maribel was at the house from 9-1 today doing some cleaning.  She chastised Doc for allowing HIS dog on MY new sofa. (She found the hair).  She cleaned the floor upstairs for the first time since we moved in.  Meanwhile I made progress by unpacking a few boxes and preparing the Family Room for tomorrow’s expected delivery of Doc’s recliner and sofas.

Skilled Helpers
At 2:30 p.m. I headed out and managed to stop at 18 places in five hours.  Some were merely to say “Thank You” and hand-deliver an invitation for the Open House.  Others were more time consuming.  I ordered a part to repair the lamp which I salvaged from Habitat for Humanity.  Ordered the ceiling fan I had found on line.  It did not come with a light kit, so worked with the lighting rep to find one from another company.  Stopped at three tile stores, the decking guy’s office, the pluming shop, the glass shop, the wagonwheel place, the architect’s office, etc. Also stopped at the Pomona house to check water levels and to check for incoming mail.

In 15 stops I did not find a single coin!  Finally at stop #16 (the Goodwill store) I found a penny near check out.  Then there was a second penny right next to Pippy’s door as I was getting in!  (Coins #1&2)

It had been a few days since I visited Home Depot, so I made that the final stop on today’s tour.  The place was nearly deserted!  Two pennies found there.  (Coins #3&4).

777 were the last three numbers on Pippy’s odometer after we visited the 18 different places.  Guess that is a good sign.

***************
I had emailed Ginger - the mother of Merlin the Black Lab I gave shelter to last year.  See Day #652 - Reunited.  Ginger owns a print shop so I asked her for guidance on writing the Penny Palace Self-Guided Tourbook.  She offered some advice and said I would need to have the document to her within a few days for the printing!
Yikes!  Time to get writing …



Total:  4 Pennies

No comments: