Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, September 10, 2012

Day #1,361 - Turn Around


People keep asking are we happy now that we are all moved in and settled?
My thoughts:
a)  We were happy during construction.  (At least most of the days) Happiness was not the destination.  There were so many glorious moments along the journey.
b)  We may be moved in, but not ALL moved in.  There is still quite a bit of furniture and numerous wall hangings at the other house.
c)  Settled?  Hardly.  I can’t find files or supplies when I need them, there are boxes still underfoot, the garage is unorganized.

I keep reminding myself that it took us 30 years to get the last house in order, I should not be frustrated that this one isn’t organized in the three months so far.

***************

Sprinkler Adjustments
The Wisteria at the front of the house is growing quite rapidly.  So Doc and I spent an hour trimming that.  Neighbor Donna came by to say hello as she was out on her daily walk.  We spoke of the upcoming Neighborhood Potluck / Open House.


The Homeowner’s Association maintains the equestrian trail by the street.  Yesterday I emailed the HOA to report that sprinklers in the neighbor’s yard were not operating properly.  Today Pedro and crew arrived to fix those.  They also noticed our sprinklers were watering the mailbox and adjusted those.  Thank You.

Mock up of Owl Mountain
I guess Doc did not appreciate my dried tree branches on the dining room table.  So he offered to help me get them attached on Owl Mountain.












Lunch in the Grand Room
While Doc went to McDonalds for his lunch, I tackled two boxes in my office.  CPP. (Constant Positive Progress). One little bit every day.










At 3 p.m. Finish David arrived to take measurements and go over my latest “To Do” list for him.  It’s always a pleasant experience to work with him.  He will work up a quote for our latest cabinet request and return on another day to complete the tasks.
David Reviewing To Do List


Doc was so motivated by the progress we made in 30 minutes yesterday, that he agreed to do it again today!  We tackled a bin of retirement papers.

At 4:30 I realized I had not done many of my planned activities today.  I grabbed the box of addressed Open House invitations and headed to the Post Office.  

Doc suggested I stop at the gas station to look for today's coin before returning home to .  I ALWAYS follow Doc’s advice (sort of, usually, mostly, it I feel like it, or when I agree with him).  I found one penny inside the convenience store.  (Coin #1) I was going to leave it at that, but was ‘nudged’ to head to the car wash area. There was a penny in a mud-filled crack.  (Coin #2).  Then there were a few coins in the detail area.  I walked through the vaccum, pre-clean area and did not find any coins. The nudging said “Turn Around and look behind you”.  I argued back “I just walked through there very slowly and already looked.”  The nudging said, “Turn Around!”  Sure enough, there was a gleaming penny behind me with the sun shining on it.



Total:  13 Coins        P (12), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.17 Coin Mine

No comments: