Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 16, 2011

Day #1,000 Ten for Ten Challenge Results

TEN for TEN CHALLENGE

We may have started something with this TEN for TEN CHALLENGE! I may offer it again in the future in hopes that even MORE persons would take me up on it. That JOY is so infectious I want to keep spreading the Penny Fever!

In honor of 1,000 Days of Consecutive Penny Finding, I challenged Penny Tale Readers to give 1,000 pennies ($10) away in the 24 hour time frame of Thursday, September 15, 2011. That was the BASIC Challenge. Those persons who participated experienced such JOY! Their stories are inspiring.

The Advanced (TEN for TEN) Challenge was offered: I would reimburse anyone who gave away $10 to TEN persons and submitted the data to me by 11:59 p.m. on Day #1000. My bank manager assured me that I was insane! The response from those persons who accepted the Challenge was overwhelmingly positive. I want to do it again!

I’ll bet many of the $10 recipients told at least two other people about how the “craziest thing happened to me today …” And those persons smiled. Do you realize how much JOY was generated today?

***************

CHALLENGE RESULTS:

THERE WERE MANY PEOPLE WHO GAVE A FEW $10s AWAY.

THREE PERSONS (four if you count Doc and I as another one) COMPLETED THE ADVANCED CHALLENGE.

I am trying something new by placing the compiled stories and spreadsheet into Google Docs so that anyone can read them. Hope this works!

Here is the link to Doc’s and my Ten Stories

Here is the compiled spreadsheet of the stories submitted.

*****

WG at 5:23 p.m.

I had so much fun doing this. Now I have to go back to the Apple store with a basket of apples. It's only fitting.

*****

JR at 9:15 p.m.

You never said what time zone. I wasn't going to bother with this at first. Turns out, I was able do this all in person.

The recipients are strange, but not strangers, and the kindness wasn't exactly random. But smiles occurred (mostly). And there's plenty of wiggle room in your specifications.

*****

PR at 9:38 p.m.

Do you know how hard this was for a completely introverted person to do?!? But I did do it, sharing the joy with my husband as well as most recipients. Please don't send me any of your money. This was a good thing for me to do. I am anxious to read about others' experiences.

No comments: