Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day #1,014 - Hosed

This morning I planned to spend a few hours on the Action Items from the first three days of this week. Around 9 a.m. there was an incoming call from Daryl “The drywall crew finished a day early and wants you on site at Noon to look things over”. I scrambled to get as much done as I could, then headed for the jobsite.

The drywallers have done nice work. Really nice. Everything was hosed down and cleaned up. Wish I could give you that wonderful feeling of standing there with another major element completed.

I quickly stopped at the cabinet shop. I had requested a 48 hour checkout of some samples. Returned them within 45 hours. Went next door to the grocery store strictly to search for a coin. Easy find of one penny. (Coin #1)

Arrived home around 2 p.m. and for the next 4-5 hours the phones rang constantly. Solar rebate needs one more component by tomorrow’s deadline, reformatted Title 24 needed, metal worker has been out of town so fireplace insert not installed, fireplace workers cancelled for tomorrow, painter to start Monday, new front door on order, appointment for tile baking, and more.

***************

Around 6 p.m. I received a call from new neighbor Cindy: "FYI: I hear water gushing from behind the fence in your front yard!"

THANKS for that call! I immediately called Neighbor Craig's cell phone. No answer. Rats! I called his house. He was home!

Craig checked out the water problem. A hose in the front yard was left under pressure and it had burst. Thankfully a piece of plywood had been left against the stucco scaffolding and it acted as a shield for the stream of water. The water was diverted to run across the front yard versus spraying into the garage. That plywood also helped create a noise which the neighbor heard and then alerted me.

Angels watching over the Penny Palace.

***************

Doc came home from work after 9 p.m. He found his penny when returning to his office after teaching classes today. (Coin #2)

Total: 2 pennies

No comments: