Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day #991 - Wrapped Up

There were a number of calls and things to do before we left the house this morning. Then we headed to the recycle station to turn all those yucky bottles and cans which were taking over the counters, floors, and other areas of our garage. I couldn’t see countertops any more, so I told Doc to “move ‘em out!” Not sure it is worth the hassle for the few dollars. Doc and I each found a dime at that stop. (Coins #1&2). (Our reward for recycling?)

Doc headed to campus. He stopped at the 99¢ store for some snacks and one penny. Then Starbucks for a coffee and another pennies. (Coins #3&4).

I headed to the office supply store and then for a car rinse. There were two pennies on the passenger side as I got out of my truck. (Coins #5&6). While waiting for my truck, I wandered around the gas pumping areas. Found a dirt penny and dirt dime (Coins #7&8).

There was a man digging through the trash cans collecting cans and bottles. He was politely chatting with some of the car wash customers and saying that it was embarrassing to do that, but it was better than begging. I pointed out a can that he had overlooked. He thanked me and headed away. I quickly met up with him and gave him a few dollars saying “that equals a bunch of cans - I know ‘cause I just redeemed them”. He was pleasantly surprised. ARK.

I made a quick stop at the 99¢ store for some supplies and one penny. (Coin #9).

At the jobsite, the stucco crew was caulking and applying finishing touches to the house. They have finished the first stage of their work and now the Penny Palace is all Wrapped Up.

This afternoon I was working on quantity calculations for flooring, wall caps, stone veneer, etc. Also some designs for the bathrooms, some payments, follow ups on prior meetings, preparing for tomorrow’s work, etc.

Total: 9 Coins P (6), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.36

No comments: