Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 9, 2011

Day #994 - Hodgepodge

This morning we had a few tasks and calls which needed to be dealt with before our 8 a.m. meeting at school. Despite running late, Doc insisted upon stopping for a coffee. The line of cars at Starbucks was extremely long so Doc went instead to the Chevron station across the street. He spotted one penny under the counter and I collected two pennies under a magazine rack. (Those required a double knee, extended shoulder reach). (Coins #1-3).

This afternoon on the way to the jobsite, Doc insisted upon a 7-11 stop for coffee. The place was packed with school kids. I collected two pennies inside and then one right by the van door. How could I have missed it before? (Coins #4-6).

***************

At the jobsite Ruben and Carlos were working diligently to straighten and true all the walls. They will have more to do tomorrow.

Doc, Daryl and I had a “blow and suck” session. With the help of two outdoor shop vacuums and one blower, we managed to clean out almost a dozen buckets full of sawdust, trash and other debris.

We successfully passed the combo inspection earlier this week, but even after today’s cleaning, we would not pass any white glove inspection. LOL. But at least now the Penny Palace is a more pleasant place.

Lots of little things today a few of which include: flooring purchased for my office, the Master bedroom, and the guest room; tiles purchased for the guest bath; solar system re-designed; my dolphins were ordered after finally discovering a place that would bake them …

And now if you’ll excuse me, I really, really need a shower!

Total: 6 pennies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dolphins? Bake? Huh What? I did a find and don't see any previous references.