Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day #1,013 - More CPP

There are so many things happening right now on the Penny Palace. Constant Positive Progress (CPP)

I arrived around 8 a.m. and started cleaning and making way for today’s stone delivery. “Uncle” and one other guy from the stucco crew were hard at work in hauling loads of stucco debris to the pile in the back yard. Cesar and the drywall crew continued their high-paced action. When I left this afternoon, they were beginning to spray the texture coat (light orange peel).

Around 9 a.m. the porta-potty cleaning truck came. That service was much needed.

A few minutes later the trash hauling truck arrived. The driver took away our full large dumpster and delivered a low boy bin to fill with the plaster and concrete debris. That was pretty much filled by the end of the day.

Annette arrived a few minutes early for our 10 a.m. meeting. We had just sat down to begin working on molding selections when the stone delivery arrived. Dealt with that for the next 15-20 minutes. Had the forklift operator move some of yesterday’s delivery around to the back of the house so that it will be ready to put on the fireplace next week.

Made some selections on baseboard, door and window moldings. Tonight I need to calculate all the footages for those in order to now get a price quote. Also made door lock selections. What type of lock do you put on an elf door which leads to attic space?

After Annette left I made some calls, then did some more site cleaning. Stucco Tommy dropped by to show me some foam stucco samples. They are very plain to match the style of the house. Nothing fancy.

Next I headed 25 miles East to San Bernardino to return those stone veneer sample boards which I showed you a while back (and some of you gave your votes on those). I ordered the fireplace mantel. That should have taken 10-15 minutes, but took over an hour. Every component on this Penny Palace seems to need “special handling”. Even standard items seem to cause hiccups or demand “extra attention”. It’s almost as if every piece of this house says “I AM SPECIAL”.

It was after 4 p.m. but there was time to visit a tile shop in the older part of town. I am searching for some blue tile to create the stream on the floor. I found one option, but they must be purchased by the case and I only need 2-3 tiles.

It was now 5 p.m. and I was getting hungry for lunch. Stopped at the grocery store for a banana (and hoping to find a coin). No coins and the lines were long, so I left.

Went home to work on emails and some of the Action Items from today’s work.

***************

Doc arrived home around 7:45 p.m. with the quarter he had found at school by the vending machines. (Coin #1). He asked how many coins I found. “Zero! There was one penny on the freeway offramp, but too many cars behind me and a stale signal, thus it was a foregone.” Doc’s reply, “Hop in the car, we are going to the grocery store.”

There was a penny on the floor as soon as I walked into the grocery store. A second one a few feet further. (Coins #2&3). We did our shopping and while Doc was loading the conveyor, I was looking around. I found a quarter and three pennies. (Coins #4-7). There was a nickel found as we were leaving. (Coin #8).

Now it’s time for a shower, then window molding calculations …

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (1), D (0), Q (2) = $0.60

2 comments:

JR said...

With another penny, I would have double-hit-for-the-cycle. Nice vending machines.

Hard to judge the molding without the finish color on the outside.

PennyFinders said...

Double HFC in ONE day? Or for this whole month?