Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 23, 2011

Day #1,008 - Taping and Hosing

This morning we worked on edits to the package and plans for submittal to SCE for the solar system credit. Stopped at a copy center to run copies. While waiting for assistance, I searched the floors in the work area three times looking for coins. I completed my order, and while waiting to pay thought, “Penny Angels, I only plan to go to the job site and then home. This is your chance for today’s coin. Don’t blow it!” I paid for my copies, turned around, and there was a penny behind me! No other persons had come or gone during the time I was in the store. Mushroom coin. (Coin #1).

Doc and I headed for the job site. He had not been there for 5 days so was astonished at the changes. The drywall crew was taping and mudding today. I spent an hour watering the house. (The stucco contractor said it would be good to wet it again today).

We stopped briefly at son Stephen’s house. Doc found a penny where we parked. (Coin #2).

This afternoon I decided to head out to the paint store. Once the drywall is finished next week, it will be time for painting. I took along the samples of tile, flooring, fabrics, wallpaper, etc. Why can’t it be simple and just paint one color throughout the house? because that would be boring.

[Doc’s comment here]: “My wife can’t do anything just ‘average’.”

I just did not feel like going home and getting back to work, so I took an hour break. Went to the bed and bath shop to browse at pre-made curtains. They come 84” long for regular height windows and doorways. There was nothing available for our 8 ft. high windows. Yikes! Now what?

I did find a nice table cloth on sale. Tablecloths are wider than standard fabric bolts, and much less expensive when on sale than raw upholstery fabric. I can probably create four seat covers out of one $18 tablecloth. Found two pennies on the floor by the cash register. (Coins #3&4).

Total: 4 Pennies

4 comments:

Chaz DeSimone said...

Trying to grow your stucco? No, nothing's boring with Tina.

PennyFinders said...

I'll bet by next week the stucco will be thicker as a result!

Mandy said...

Hee hee, Tina pushes everything to grow ;)

JR said...

A solar system is a star with planets. The Penny Palace isn't big enough to install one of those. A solar-energy system is something that converts sunlight to something like electricity. SCE might give you credit for that.