Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 30, 2011

Day #1,015 - Visitors

Another really full day. Good stuff! Feeling like a dog with 20 fire hydrants to choose from!

I met the metal worker at 8 a.m. regarding the fireplace arch insert. Visitor #1. We cut away a little bit of the wire lathe which the stucco crew had put in. It looks like the template will fit, so Jim will create the “real” insert and install it this weekend.

Around 9 a.m. I heard footsteps coming in through the garage and kitchen. Who could that be? It was Bill the roofer. Visitor #2. He was checking the progress so he will know when he can continue with placing the roofing tile.

Note: I have my 10-year old nephew Brandon sitting here with me and reading out loud as I am typing. It’s like having an echo. Plus, when I cut

and tape or re-write, then things get really screwy!

***************

After Roofer Bill left this morning, I continued trying to devise a pleasant arrangement for the keystones on the fireplace arch. I was frustrated and unskilled at the task. I was wishing for some help with this project.

Do you believe in angels?

I was getting ready to leave, but a man appeared in the driveway. At first I didn’t recognize him. He presented me with two bags of concrete dye. Ah yes! It was Ken the delivery driver from the stone company. Visitor #3. He had driven all the way out today merely to give me those dyes which had been forgotten on yesterday’s delivery. Turns out he has done hundreds of fireplaces and arches in his lifetime. He spent 30 minutes giving me all sorts of advice (hindsight). What a COINcidence that a fireplace expert appeared within moments of my request for assistance!

***************

My next action item was to take the dolphin bathroom tiles to a kiln for baking. They should be ready next week.

***************

I stopped to fuel Pippy. Inside the convenience store I spotted two pennies under the counter. Since they were quite a distance apart, I needed to actually make a purchase and stand in the line. Bought a banana as my excuse to be at the register. Dove for two pennies and came up with five pennies, a nickel and two dimes! (Coins #1-8). Almost broke even on that transaction.

***************

This evening we had somewhat of an unexpected sleepover party. The nieces and nephews are in town for a wedding, so Doc and I seized the opportunity to have some time with them. Visitors #4-7. Dinner was at the Cal Poly Pomona dorm cafeteria where I assisted little Jaime in seeing a penny next to her. She was excited. (Coin #9)



Slightly after 9 p.m. cousins and sister-in-law dropped in to say hello. That was a lively 1.5 hours. Visitors #8-10.



It’s now 12:15 a.m. The kiddies and Uncle Doc are all nestled in bed. The house is quiet. It’s a nice time of day (or night).

Total: 9 Coins P (6), N (1), D (2), Q (0) = $0.31

No comments: