Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day #993 - Promise Kept

This morning Doc and I had dental appointments, so he waited until after that to go for coffee. As we approached the door of the coffee shop, I heard a voice say, “I bet I know what you are doing … you are Penny Finding!” It was Penny Pal Lorna and a friend. We had a great few minutes discussing penny finding and the upcoming Day #1000. Doc emerged from the coffee shop with a coffee and a dime find. (Coin #1)

We headed to Monrovia to investigate a flooring shop, then a tile shop. By then we were both hungry. Last August I had promised Doc a meal at the Old Spaghetti Factory as a reward for several weeks of his work in getting the rental condo all fixed up. Today I finally bought him that lunch. As we drove into the parking lot, Doc said, “Which spot should we choose?” I pointed to one in the next aisle. He drove around the bend and sure enough, there was a penny in “our spot”! (Coin #2).

After lunch as we approached the freeway, Doc retrieved a Median penny. (Coin #3).

***************

Today at the jobsite, Ruben and Carlos were shimming and sanding and leveling and… preparing the walls for drywall.

At 4 p.m. we met with the solar guys to evaluate options for our system. It is hard for us to “guesstimate” what the electrical needs will be since we have no track record.

On the way home we stopped at a tile store. I think we found one tile in the clearance area which will be suitable for the Aussie floors and another tile for the guest shower. I need to do some quick calcs tonight in hopes there are sufficient quantities available.

This evening there is more house stuff. Nuff said. Back to work. Interior door order needs finalizing tonight.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: