Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day #996 - Easy

In keeping with the Spirit of 9-11, let’s give thanks for friends and the myriad of blessings we encounter each day. From a simple Penny Find, to the song of a bird - each is a reminder of a source greater that we can comprehend, yet it links us all to one another.

Today I was not highly motivated to accomplish a whole lot. Just wanted a “quiet day”. Thus, I attacked a few projects which I had been avoiding.

In the morning Doc and I brushed and washed down the house since the cobwebs were getting pretty thick. Then I attacked the piles on my work table which were several months old. There were a number of other “clean up” tasks.

***************

By 6 p.m. I was grumpy and had to get out of the house to escape the “yucky projects”. We stopped at the post office to mail some notes and Doc insisted upon cruising the high school parking lot. He spotted a quarter as the first find for the day. Nice start. (Coin #1). He hopped back into the van saying, “Now we just need a penny, nickel and a dime.” He made it sound so easy. Sure dear. I kept my doubtful thoughts to myself.

Our next stop was Target. We found one penny before entering the store, three inside, and one more when returning to the van. That was Easy. (Coins #2-6)

I was nudged to pull into the 7-11 store since it was right on our way to the grocery stores. Doc bought a coffee so that I would have time to browse. A penny, then a nickel, then when I reached under the counter there was a dime and another penny. There were the coins Doc had requested. Easy! Hit for the Cycle. (Coins #7-10).

At the first grocery store we collected three pennies and a dime. (Coins #11-14). At the next store there was a dime next to the roasted chooks table. (Coin #15). At the third grocery store Doc found a dirt penny. (Coin #16) Easy.

Total: 16 Coins P (11), N (1), D (3), Q (1) = $0.71

1 comment:

JR said...

Chooks? I don't have time to research your non-American English. Petrol is bad enough. Please provide Aussie glossary.