Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bullied



Last night on the late night news there was a segment on Financial Bullying and how detrimental it can be to a marriage.  Doc and I were expressing how grateful we were that we are so compatible in that area.  All our accounts are joint accounts; our values and priorities are similar.  Neither one of us “bullies” the other in financial aspects -- or so I thought until this afternoon…

Today I worked from home and was getting so much accomplished.  I did not want to leave the house, but realized I was not likely to find a coin or walk my 10,000 steps if I stayed at home.  Around 3 p.m. I called Doc (who was at school) to let him know I was going out for one hour to walk and find a coin.   His reply, “Find a dime and don’t come home without it.”  Was I being Bullied?

This morning while at the car wash, at the auto service center, and then at school Doc had found a nickel, quarter and some pennies.  He wanted to have a “Hit for the Cycle” today, so he was strongly insisting that I find a dime!

Around 4 p.m. I headed out to a nearby convenience store to find today’s coin.  I wanted it to be quick so I could get back home and continue my work.  I purchased two waters in order to dive for the two pennies on the floor near the register.    Not a good Return on Investment (ROI).

On the way back to the truck I found a quarter!  Yipee!  I was grateful for that.  Then I remembered Doc’s words.  “Angels - it needed to be a dime and not a quarter.  I can’t go home without one”.

So I went to another small shopping center.  Found a penny, then another quarter!  Geez!  “Angels I requested a Dime!”  They said, “and you are complaining that we gave you MORE than you asked for?”

I walked next door to the car wash and found a penny and a nickel in a planter bed.  Nickels are rare.  “Angels it is silver, but still not a dime!”  I looked across the lot at the Jack’s drive through window.  Usually there are 3-8 cars lined up there. One single car was pulling away from the window.  I jogged over there, spotted a penny, then a penny, then a penny … The gal in the window began talking to me.  I spotted two more pennies -- and a DIME!  I grabbed the dime, left the two remaining pennies (foregones) and made a hasty exit.

YIPEE!  When I took those marriage vows I promised to “Love, Honor, and Obey”.  I still try to do that.  (When it suites me).  LOL

Lesson Today?  You tell me

***************
P.S. I had today’s Penny Tale all written and ready to post.  Doc came home from school and announced. “I stopped at the grocery store on the way home for bananas and I got that dime I requested!”  So from now on the man can get his own coins and stop bullying me!   LOL


            Coin Counts            Tina:  7  (P), 1 (N),  1 (D), 2 (Q) = $0.72
                        Doc:   7  (P), 1 (N),  1 (D), 1 (Q) = $0.47
                        DUAL Hit for the Cycles!!

No comments: