Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, May 16, 2019

Expectations Exceeded

I have just walked through four floors of this vessel and did not see any other passengers!  It seems everyone else went to bed by 10 p.m.! LOL


Hi Penny Pals-
was not, Not, NOT going to spend time on the computer writing emails and such on this trip.  However, sometimes the JOY is so Huge, and the COINcidences such fun, that I have to share them with you or I might just burst if I tried to keep it all inside.

This morning we had a very informative walk along the shoreline with the ship's Riverlorian.  Great way to begin the day.


Then Doc, Brian, Celeste and I had a private tour of the Engine Room and Paddlewheel led by the Chief Engineer. (See Photo) Doc and Brian were relishing every moment of it.  That was even better than the unlimited coffee, cookies, fruit, popcorn, snacks, cheese, etc. on board.  And equivalent to having dinner with the Captain last night.  She was a wonderful host and we very much enjoyed that time with her.  














After a fantastic lunch it was time for Brian and Doc to go to the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum where every vehicle and plane areeither already operational or being restored so that eventually they will also be.  Doc and Brian had fun in a 1914 four-seater.


**************
Sorry for that slight detour.  It's just been such a great day!  Now on to the Penny Finding...

I went down the gangplank asking the Angels where I should go for today's coin.  They "nudged me" for KMart.  Turns out there is no Uber service in this town.  Alisia (one of the newer crew members whom I met last night) was standing out at the curb.  I asked her where she was headed.  She had just called for a taxi to take her to KMart!!!!  COINcidence?  I asked if I could share the ride and the fare.  She of course agreed.  When we arrived at the Kmart, we found the taxi driver did not have a card reader, so he wanted cash.  Alisia didn't have any cash, but I did.   COINcidence that the Angels put us together for that taxi ride???

After paying the fare to get to KMart, I found ZERO coins there.  Disappointment.  "So Angels, what now?  Why did you bring me here?  YOU are leading this dance.  Guide me!"

So I hit the streets of The Dalles, OR.  First stop -- Kentucky Fried Chicken drive up window.  Score! A Penny. "OK Angels that meets the Minimum Daily Requirement".  THANK YOU.  You know my motto "One coin is a Fluke, two is a sign from Heaven."  The next penny was found at a Chevron gas station.  "OK Angels.  I would be satisfied with that, but it is a 2.7 miles walk back to the ship, so feel free to throw in a few more coins if you want to play".

I kept walking.  While passing a local restaurant, I thought, "This is the kind of place Doc would like.  Looks like old folks would eat here and they would probably sit at those benches outside the entrance."  I detoured.  Sure enough, there was a penny under one of the benches.  The fourth penny was found at a car wash.

Conversation:  "Hey Angels, four coins is awesome.  You wanna shoot for FIVE and make it really impressive today?"  I walked across the street to the Fred Meyers Store.  "Angels, surely there is a penny here.  Please show me".  Within moments I saw a penny!  It was near the heels of a customer checking out.  He was distracted with the loading of his goods onto the belt.  I dove for the penny.  But then I spotted another penny and another!  How many could I grab before the man stepped back and onto my fingers?  I managed 7 pennies plus a quarter!!!!  "WOW Angels, that is Definitely a good haul!"  A few moments later there was a dime.  "Angels this is turning out to be really fun.  All we need is a nickel to complete the Hit for the Cycle (HFC)." (P,N, D, Q).  A few minutes later I spotted a silver shiny thing.  Sure enough - there was the requested nickel!"

That makes  11 Pennies, a nickel, a dime, and a quarter.  (H.F.C.)

I called for a taxi to return to the ship.  It was Jessie, the same driver from earlier.  He asked if I got what I needed in town.  "You Bet!"  That and MORE!

No comments: