Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Day #978

Are you tired of hearing about the COVID-19 Virus?  This has surely emphasized how we are ALL connected to each other!

It is a good thing that Penny Angels are NOT affected by this virus.  They are continuing to do their job.  Two days ago they provided 20 coins; yesterday 6 coins; today 16 coins.  Found 12 (a coin mine in my hand) at just one grocery store.  Right now, coins are much easier to find than Toilet Paper!  (Note the barren shelves of paper goods behind me in Photo 1).




Here is Doc at the meat counter saying “Where’s the Meat?”  (Photo 2)  Not a single item in the display cases.





FYI:  The frozen pizzas and dinners were also gone, but there were PLENTY of vegetables and fruits in the produce area.  Is this indicative of the typical American diet?




*********************

As mentioned in my New Year’s Penny Tale, Doc and I have/had two domestic and two international trips planned.  We had planned to travel in Australia for 24 days. Yesterday we cancelled the flights, lodging, and rental car for that trip.  It would require 14 days Quarantine upon landing there and then 14 days Quarantine upon returning to the U.S.  If caught avoiding the self-quarantine, it could mean a $50,000 AUS fine.   Even with the favorable currency exchange rate right now, that is a bit steep.  And I do Iove Doc, but 28 days locked in a room together is NOT my idea of a vacation.   LOL

*********************

You know me and Lists  LOL …. I Began a New List titled: “24 Projects to Tackle versus 24 Days in Australia”.  Within a few minutes there were 47 items on my list.  We won’t be bored during our STAYcation.

*********************
Penny Fever and Acts of Random Kindness (ARKS) can be as contagious as COVID-19.
In this time of uncertainty, let us      

Spread JOY, not Germs!

No comments: