Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 Last Hurrah

 To say that Penny Finding has been affected by the pandemic is an understatement. 

·       There are Stay at Home edicts, so Doc and I have not been going out as much.

·       Other people are staying home, so there aren’t as many wayward coins

·       People are using plastic instead of coins for their purchases

·       There is a national coin shortage

 

This evening (New Year's Eve) Doc and I went to the grocery store for a few items.  I was not EVEN thinking of Penny Finding.  As we were checking out, I spotted a dime, then a nickel.  Then Doc spotted a dime.  Uggg … A sudden case of Penny Fever hit us.  It came on so totally unexpected!

 

Doc and I noticed the coffee shop had closed early for the night.  That left the drive up window vacant…  Score!  There was a quarter there!  So now we had nickel, dime (2) and quarter.  That makes three of the coins needed for a Hit for the Cycle.

 

Doc and I hopped in the car and began driving home.  Then we realized Doc still needed more steps to reach his 12,000 goal for the day.  Tina: “Doc, park the car.  Let’s do your steps here in the parking lot.”  We walked and walked, but found no pennies.  So I got a bit sassy with the Penny Angels.

 

Tina speaking out loud while walking: “Hi there Angels!  It’s been a while since we have played together.  It is generous of you to provide four silver coins tonight, but this is PENNY Tales, so I am requesting a PENNY Please.  So far we have 3 of the 4 coins needed for a Hit for the Cycle (HFC).  The last HFC was way back in September!  It would make for a great conclusion to 2020 to complete a HFC.  Please consider my request”.  Within moments there was a Penny in my path.  COINcidence?

No comments: