Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, January 29, 2022

Amid the Chaos

People often share how a Coin Find at just the right time can “adjust their attitude” and serve as a reminder of a Divine Presence.  Today was one such day for me.

 

*********

In the Spring and Summer of 2016 Doc and I were part of a community beautification project.  It was called “The Garden of Hope”.  The house is on the corner of a very busy intersection.  Last weekend a plumbing service truck did a rollover and landed in the front yard. We were notified that the traffic signal was sheared off, the split rail fence was damaged, plants were uprooted, irrigation lines severed, there was glass and debris strewn about, and yet the driver was okay.   No other vehicles involved.  Definitely some repair work is needed.

 

Doc and I received this urgent call while we were waiting for the Emergency Room veterinarian.  Doc’s “Baby” Sheila had injured her leg and was not able to put any weight on it.  Never a dull day.

 

Today I went to obtain the Police Report of the traffic incident so I could begin the restoration effort.  When I approached the service window at the Police Station, there was a penny on the counter right in front of me! Certainly the many other visitors would have had to reach across it to conduct their business?  How could they jut leave it there?   To me it was a good sign that Angels were there to help get through this crash project.

 

The clerk behind the plexiglass handed me a form to fill out and pay the fees.  I thanked her and took a step away. For some reason I was “nudged” to turn and tell her that “the craziest thing happened this weekend.  A service van turned over in my front yard!  I am not sure HOW to proceed with this, so I am obtaining the Police Report as the first step.  I need to figure out who to contact on this.

 

There was only one other person in the lobby and waiting area.  A gentleman who was on his phone trying to get information from his office.  He was probably 20 ft. away from me.  He looked up at me and said “Would that be Sunday evening with a white plumbing service van on the corner of xxx?”  “YES!”  He was the Operations Manager for the plumbing company and was there to obtain tools and such from the towed van.  We exchanged information and spoke of the next actions.   What are the odds that the exact person I needed to speak with was in that Police Department lobby for the same few minutes I was in that lobby?  COINcidence?

 

 

Doc and I then proceeded to the accident site.  Took lots of photos.  As Doc was kicking around in the debris he spotted a Nickel!  Nickels are the rarest coins to find.  A simple thing, but a reminder that amid all the chaos of our lives, there is a Shining Presence.

















No comments: