Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, July 6, 2013

Doubting Tina


Today Doc and I had plenty of things to do, but no time-specific appointments.  After working in the yard, doing some chores, and having lunch, Doc gave me a choice: nap or Home Depot? I chose AND, not OR (both choices)! So we napped for an hour and then headed out after 3 p.m.

I told the Angels, “It’s OK to find a coin or two, but please nothing too interesting which I would then need to share with everyone.  I don’t want to write today.”  They were not cooperative.

Doc insisted upon getting a coffee before proceeding with our errands.  He lured me into Starbucks by promising to do a planning session with me.  That was actually productive in planning the next few weeks and projects. 

While we were seated inside Starbucks, I looked several times out the window at the drive thru area.  There were always cars there, but I could see a quarter!  Doc and I got back in the van and started driving away.  There was a gap in traffic at the drive thru window!  So I had Doc halt while I unbuckled and went back for the quarter .. and a nickel and a penny!  That meant we only needed a dime in order to have a Hit for the Cycle.

Target was the next store and we found 2 pennies.  Finally we made it to Home Depot for the plastic piping, air filters and one penny.

***********
The windshield of the van was dangerously dirty, so we stopped at the gas station to wash it and quickly fuel the van.  I spotted a shiny penny before even getting out of the van, but still no dime.  So I began saying, “Dime, Dime, Dime, Dime …”  I repeated that request probably 50 times.  Inside the convenience store I found 4 pennies and the Dime!!  Yipee.   Done Deal.

The sun was setting and Doc romantically suggested that we walk next door to the car wash. I said, “We were there 2 days ago, found dozens of coins, and really did a thorough search.  I doubt we will find much there”.  Doc said, “You’ll see - we will”.

Instantly we found three pennies and a nickel before getting to the car wash.  For fun we went our separate ways.  While Doc searched the auto prep area, I searched the planters and waiting area.  I spotted a dime under a bench, then a second, then a third!  All under the same bench!  The Angels sure delivered on that dime request.

Doc came back to the van with one dime, one nickel and 13 pennies.  (15 coins).  I returned to the van with 11 pennies and my 3 dimes (14 coins).  There were 29 coins in total.  Coin Mine!

Lesson:  Do not doubt the capabilities of the Angels.  They enjoy a cheerful play session.

We made a quick stop at the grocery store.  There were 5 more coins outside that store and in the parking lot - including another dime!  That made a total of SIX dimes.

Lesson:  ASK!  The Universe will deliver.

Lesson:  Learn to think bigger.  I asked for one dime and the Angels delivered six!



Coin Count:   46 Coins            37 (P), 2 (N), 6 (D), 1 (Q) = $1.32
                                    Hit for the Cycle

No comments: