Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day #1,385 - Hitchhikin' Doc

Trash Box Painting

Friend Kathy volunteered to help me for a few hours this morning.  We cleaned the mailbox and put up a new display, painted the trash boxes, took up the Ramboard from the Aussie floor and more.  



New Mailbox Display
Kathy left at noon because I had the “Stuff” to tackle and no one else can really do that.  So for the rest of the day I worked on organizing “stuff”.  And there were a few other things like finding staffing for the check-in table, speaking with the photographer, dealing with an overlooked invitation or ones which had been returned from the post office, etc.



Dungeon Label
The rental tables and chairs arrived this morning.  That was a relief since when I called earlier this week to confirm my order, they had it scheduled for delivery on the 14th versus 4th!

Hang my Shelves



Ant Exterminator

This afternoon Pest Control Technician Juan came to conquer the ant problem.  He was a delight.  He said after visiting the Penny Palace, he was inspired.  He believed that he too could attain a house like this.  He wanted his fiancée to see this, so I gave him a Penny Card and an invitation to the Open House.

Doc arrived home at 8:30 p.m. and asked me about a coin for today?  Oops!  I was focused on the house.  We hopped in the van and headed out.  The first stop was at a CVS store to get some picture hangers.  None of the kind we needed, but two pennies by the pharmacy counter. Nice!  (Coins #1 & 2)

We dashed to the Home Depot store arriving, there at 8:55 p.m.  Found the picture hangers we were seeking.  Upon exiting the store, a large white car pulled up. I thought the driver was a stranger asking Doc for directions.  It was our son Stephen!  So Doc hopped in Steve’s car and hitchhiked to Starbucks.

I found a penny as I walked alone back to our car.  (Coin #3).  Everyone knows coins can not be found in the dark!  Dog Sparky was in the back seat of the van asking “Where is my Papa?”

I went to the grocery store for punch ingredients.  No coins there!  Doc found a penny on his coffee run. (Coin #4)

11:45 p.m.  Doc and I reviewed the Open House video which student Kevin brought to school this afternoon.  We are trying to display it on Doc’s big screen TV.  No luck on the first attempt.  Doc has some ideas to try tomorrow. … We have only 31 hours until Show Time!

Total:  4 Pennies

1 comment:

JR said...

Time to leave. The streak is broken. Wait, what’s that on the curb? Looks like a penny. Up to four days. Need a dime.