Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day #1,392 - Day After


It is the “day after” (which means clean up).  At 11 a.m. I headed to school to attend a lecture by Randy Peeters.  He and Doc were classmates in college.  I had just spoken about Randy earlier this week to a colleague and suggested maybe someday they would meet.  (Randy lives 470 miles from here).  Within a few hours I heard through the grape vine that Randy was making a last-minute presentation at CPP on his way to a seminar elsewhere!  COINcidence?

At 1:15 I went to the Pomona house to fill the ponds and check on things.  I stopped at Target to buy a replacement garden house for the one that burst recently.  Also bought a new coffee brewer since last night our old one leaked all over the counter just before the party started.  I found two dimes at that store.  (Coins #1&2).

At the office supply store I did not find any coins, so I started talking to the Angels on my way out: “Look Angels, reminder that this is PENNY Tales.  I’m not planning to go anywhere else today, so please deliver now.”  Within a few feet I found a Penny!  “Thanks Angels!”

Originally I had planned to hold the Neighborhood potluck tonight - until Doc mentioned that he would be in class, but I was welcome to host the party alone.  Good thing it was last night because this evening there were heavy rains!

Doc had a really long day at school and did not arrive home until nearly 10:30 p.m.  Then he was worthless as far as providing any assistance or doing any work around the house.


Total:  3 Coins        P (1), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.21

1 comment:

JR said...

Two dimes and three pennies.