Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day #1,055 - Threes

I had six stops to make before getting to the Penny Palace today. No coins at any of those.

The roofers finished work on the main house by 11 a.m. They painted the O’Hagin vents and pipes, finished the mud balls, etc. They will need to get more tile for the detached garage and finish there.

The tile guys brown-coated the rest of the shower and began planning the layout for the tub tiles. Bob said, “See, I have your mosaic tiles all separated and ready to go.” My reply: “I don’t think so. Your way is too ‘average’. See this diagram … Let me lay out the pieces and show you what I am thinking …” Bob prides himself on doing ‘one up’ creations. I am giving him several opportunities. He should be quite happy!

By 2 p.m. the work crews had gone for the day. I locked up the gate and headed to the paint store to get samples and ideas for the “grass” in the garden bathroom. While waiting for the paint to be mixed, I walked the parking lot and collected three pennies. (Coins #1-3)

My next stop was the Paint Bucket store to get gel stain samples for the Aussie Room molding. There were three sales attendants there who each helped me with various products and questions. One even painted my sample pine board with a few colors so that I would not need to purchase cans of each color! ARK (Act of Random Kindness). Another attendant helped me with research on the garage floor coatings. As soon as I emerged from the store, I found a nickel in the street. (Coin #4) It just felt like a Happy Nickel. So I went back into the store, told the three people about the nickel, gave them each a Penny Card, and shared the joy. It was fun. Smiles all around.

Doc was at school today. After class, he found a penny by the vending machines. (Coin #5)

It was mentioned this evening that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away! Yikes. Must get serious tonight about writing and sending out those dinner invitations …

Enjoyed a nice moment right after the workers had gone and all I heard were three hummingbirds and the wind.

Threes: Three pennies in one parking stall, three nice sales attendants, three beautiful hummingbirds, three tiles per section, three friendly dogs to greet me when I arrived home.

Total: 5 Coins P (4), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.09

No comments: