Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day #1,068



Today was not at all the quiet, gentle day I was expecting with just two flooring guys working. Things were rockin’!

I arrived to hear big equipment moving. The grading team was moving boulders! They were also laying cement blocks for the patio, bringing in fill dirt and chalking out walkways. Four guys were working at full speed.

The solar team also was on site today. Four guys worked until 5 p.m. to get 14 solar panels on the detached garage.

The flooring Team finished the oak planking in the Grand Room. Nice!

Visitors: My brother Greg (who now lives in Tehachapi 150 miles away) was in the area. I offered to buy breakfast if he would meet me at the jobsite. When I stopped at the Mexican food café at 7 a.m. I ordered two burritos at the walk-up counter and a coin from the Penny Angels. I told the Angels I would be too busy today and too tired tonight to search for coins, so if I was to find one today, it had better be there at the café. I walked the parking lot while waiting for the food to be prepared. One penny found! Thanks Angels.

Another Visitor was Jenny - daughter of our project Manager, Daryl. She said she was bored at home with nothing to do. Bored? How could that be? She can have 50 of the hundreds of items on my To-Do List.

I was sort of hoping all these crews would take Thursday and Friday off so I could catch up and get some things done. When I am working with them all day, I get none of my work done! I was told they may be working on Friday.

This evening I finally ordered SOME of the kitchen appliances. I have been researching them for several months. My brother (who is also building a house) said that he went to an appliance store last week and ordered ALL of his appliances - in two hours! Geez, it has taken me 2 hours merely to submit the on-line order (after months of investigation).

Total: 1 Penny

No comments: